• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Win for California; 9th Circuit ends California ban on high-capacity magazines

Punkur67

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 11, 2019
    This was short lived last time but we might get another "freedom week" so we can purchase standard and hi cap magazines. It would be amazing of it sticks so we can taste a little freedom like the rest of the country

A three-judge panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals on Friday threw out California's ban on high-capacity ammunition magazines, saying the law violates the U.S. Constitution's protection of the right to bear firearms.

anim_beer.gif

anim_beer.gif

anim_beer.gif

How much did the NRA help???

Good thing I searched the boards right now, as I was about to dupe the shit outta this...

I haven't seen anything that indicates how much of the funding for the challenge came from the NRA. All of the articles I've read so far just say "NRA Funded".

This is likely the sort of thing the NY AG wants to avoid by disbanding the NRA. They likely consider the 'funding' of these challenges to be a big contributing factor to the challenge actually happening.

Great news! Good luck finding ammo to fill 'em. I've been in SoCal more than home lately and all I'm hearing is everyone is out of most everything ammo related.

Great news! Good luck finding ammo to fill 'em. I've been in SoCal more than home lately and all I'm hearing is everyone is out of most everything ammo related.
    Agreed. But its a step in the right direction. It just is more opportunity for people to legally own standard capacity magazines. I just hope it sticks to the point where it is not Taboo to shoot a 30 round mag at the range.

My KA order went thru Brownells fine, a little slowly getting to checkout. Updated, Brownells is holding my place in line waiting for the law to allow shipment....more waiting I’m sure.

Last edited:
    One thing that still bugs me is the "high-capacity" reference. Even news sources that are theoretically on the gun owners side of the argument use the term and it just cements a "scary" concept with the antis. Headline should be "Standard Capacity Magazines Legal Again in California" or "Constitution Upheld to Protect Californian's RIghts" or "Capacity Restrictions Overturned". The whole "high-capacity" term has turned into some kind of boogie man to those that don't understand guns or our rights to own them. Nice to see a couple of news outlets got it right.

Last edited:

Did you guys see this? The judge that ruled against the mag ban was literally one of the Rooftop Koreans.

We have to take what we can get here in the good ol golden state. I hope like everyone else that this sticks and that it is the beginning to more unconstitutional laws being overturned.

good luck to you all take one bad law down 998 bad laws left to go you can do it .