• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Win Model 70 Long Range Hunter

MRattpack

Private
Minuteman
Dec 27, 2011
Ohio
I would like to thank everyone in this forum for helping me with this build. For about a year now I have visited this forum and read about a lot of builds (mostly something other than a Winchester). Attached you will find pictures of my build using everything that I have learned here. The rifle is a Winchester Model 70 Long Rang Hunter in .300 Win Mag and the action is based on the Pre 64 Control Round Feed. I have another one except it is still all factory but in 7mm Mag with the BOSS. I plan to build it exactly like this one later in the year.

Build List -
Model 70 LRH pre 64 .300 win mag
Jewell Trigger
Manners T5A - bedded using Devcon and examples from the Hide
Millett Scope
20MOA scope base
TSA Rings
Harris Bipod
CDI Bottom Metal with AI Mags (trimmed using Chad Dixon's recommendation to modify the magazine and not the action)

My next item to modify will be the bolt handle and I plan sending that Short Action Customs here in Ohio. May also thread the barrel and go with a brake but plan on shooting it first and see how she does.

Again thanks everyone and let me know what you think.

Attachments

• Model 70 LRH.jpg
    Model 70 LRH.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 22