• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Win Model 70 Sharpshooter

beb0541

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2014
South Florida
Howdy.

Just picked one of these up in .308. Excited to take it out to the range. If it’s anything like my SPR, should be a tack driver.

Can anyone tell me anything more about these guns other than that they were made in the Winchester custom shop with Schneider barrels?

I understand the custom shop also made these in .300 WM. Any idea where I may find one?

Thanks for the info!

Best,
C

I've owned a few, and foolishly sold them to chase other ventures.

That said, there are Sharpshooters, Sharpshooter II and Sporting Sharpshooters.

My Sporting Sharpshooters were all in 300WM Schneider tubes 1-10 @ 26" and McMillan Winchester Classic stocks

Sharpshooter and Sharpshooter II were offered with either McMillan Marksman or HS Precision stocks and wore either Schneider or Hart tubes.

They come up from time to time at various auction sites but far and few between.

Congrats on the new acquire!

A kind word of advice, make it the last rifle you have to sell!

I've owned a few, and foolishly sold them to chase other ventures.

That said, there are Sharpshooters, Sharpshooter II and Sporting Sharpshooters.

My Sporting Sharpshooters were all in 300WM Schneider tubes 1-10 @ 26" and McMillan Winchester Classic stocks

Sharpshooter and Sharpshooter II were offered with either McMillan Marksman or HS Precision stocks and wore either Schneider or Hart tubes.

They come up from time to time at various auction sites but far and few between.

Congrats on the new acquire!

A kind word of advice, make it the last rifle you have to sell!
Thanks for the feedback! I’ll keep my eye out for one in .300 WM.