• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Win the Sightmark Pinnacle 5-30x we Reviewed

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Sightmark was kind enough to allow me to keep the 5-30x Pinnacle Scope we reviewed.

SM13029TMD_IMG_main_1000.jpg
    I asked them if it was okay if I offer the scope to a deserving member of Sniper's Hide, so once i am finished with my Howa 1500 HCR Review, I will box up the Pinnacle and ship it out to a Sniper's HIde member who can give me the best reason why they need this scope.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BB1X3UUFm9U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The link to the article here ------> Pinnacle Review

This is a 5-30x Front Focal Plane - Mil / Mil scope, with the TMD reticle
    TMD-HW.jpg[h=4]Features[/h]
    • Premium, high-definition optics
    • Fully multi-coated optics
    • Zero stop elevation dial=
    • Scratch resistant lenses
    • Constant eye relief
    • 6:1 zoom ratio
    • First focal plane reticle
    • Capped or exposed turret option
    • Red/green illuminated reticle
    • Fast focus eyepiece
    • Waterproof, fogproof and shockproof
    • 34 mm single piece tube
    • Precision machined
    • Aircraft-grade aluminum
    • Hard anodized finish
    So here are the rules, you have to post here in this thread why you feel you deserve the scope. I want the following criteria to be met:

1. You have to post an image of what rifle the scope will be mounted on
    2. You will not sell this scope for at least 1 year
    3. You plan on attending a precision rifle match, local matches are fine, and will post at least 1 picture of your attendance.
    4. You will send a thank you letter to Sightmark (I will provide contact info)

This scope retails for $1500 and I feel it can hold its own with any scope in this space.
    IMG_2497-640x480.jpg

You can share this post to your friends who may need a scope, but they have sign up here and post. Time on site is not a factor.

Again, thanks to Team at Sightmark for allowing me to do this.

I wouldn't write here to say I "deserve" this scope. But it would be nice to have for my savage 10fcr as I pulled the vortex off it to upgrade to a razor gen 2 for my howa hcr. The savage is now a backup, but I plan on giving it to my father so we can do matches together. But starting spring ill be attending matches monthly, and hopefully some team events.

Attachments

• photo72659.jpg
      photo72659.jpg
      54.5 KB · Views: 46
    Last edited:
    I had to sell the scope that was on this rifle after having my son, for some extra money. I would like to attend the mason Dixon sniper challenge next year because it's near me. For my first PRS match I would like to do the production class and this scope would be perfect for it. Thank you for the opportunity
    4e864ba6c62263262c0f206b506e02b3.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need the scope to go on my 7-08 competition rifle.
    I'm poor. I would like nice stuff.
    As an aside, I've dealt with sightmark on a couple of occasions.
    Really great folks to deal with.
    Whoever gets it will be happy.

After transitioning out of the Army this past year funds have been tight. I had saved up several months of pay to help ease the transition but it wasnt enough and many of my firearms and accessories had to be sold.

Now i am on fixed VA disability income and just started a new minimum wage job which neither of them combined is close to what i was making but enough to get by while saving for a budget gun and scope.

I just recently put the remington sps aac-sd chambered in 6.5 creedmoor seen pictured on layaway and get it next week.

I have another child on the way as we speak so my limited scope fund will become my baby fund LOL. Next week i am pretty sure she will be born (Momma is 2cm dialated right now) so i have will two things to be excited about.

If im able to win this scope it will be used in TxPRC club matches which i have been running a borrowed scope and rifle.

Thanks sightmark and thank you frank for putting this together.

Good luck to everyone.

8799627e8f5b7f03465483194382abd3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
    8093.jpeg I'd like to give the scope to a coworker who is just getting into long range shooting. He just bought a Savage 10T in 308, and really needs a scope for that rifle. All he has on it now is a cheap Walmart Center Point to get him by. It isn't ideal, but it sorta works for now.

Last edited:
    Hi Frank

I cant say i need the scope however i am trying to set up a rifle for my 13yo son to shoot practical matches and some ftr. I have a Steyr SSG PII that i am fitting a rail to and would realy appreaciate any help. I am on a tpi military pension in Australia so it can be tricky ti budget for things. Im happy to pay any costs or postage. Image of rifle added

Ps my sons name is Angus and it would be for him

Regards Bill

Attachments

• 20170926_193923.jpg
      20170926_193923.jpg
      14.3 KB · Views: 47
    Last edited:
    This scope will be perfect to replace my 3-12x44 Bushnell on my Tikka T3 7mm08. It has been a good scope, but I would like more magnification for longer ranges. My local club has begun shooting PRS type matches which I attend monthly.
    Happy to pay for the shipping to Australia.

Attachments

• photo72671.jpg
      photo72671.jpg
      111.7 KB · Views: 42
    I don't deserve it because it mostly my fault.
    Devorce final this spring after she drug it out for over a year. Child support.
    Trying to sell my AR and razor. To help make ends meet. Already sold a few guns. I'm down too what I got from my grandfather and a 45. Have to have a hand gun...
    Scope will go on a 22 for my son when I can get money saved back up.

I'm not smart enough to post pictures and honestly don't have a rifle for it at the moment.

I won't be able to go to any matches this year I have my son every weekend.

Thanks Frank

Look forward to seeing the pictures of who ever gets it.

Last edited:
    I would love this scope for my RPR. In the pic I had a NightForce SHV on it, but while at the range shooting my AR, someone stole the RPR. After several months the police were able to find the gun, but the scope was long gone. I am in desperate need of a scope.

Attachments

• photo72679.jpg
      photo72679.jpg
      13.8 KB · Views: 46
    Looking to buy one of these, or see if krg offers the new bravo for the Howa (fingers crossed).

Attachments

• photo72683.jpg
      photo72683.jpg
      5.6 KB · Views: 45
    Our range has recently allowed me to introduce new shooters to precision shooting. While our shooting is limited out to 325 yards, small targets present a challenge to these new shooters and have tested their equipment and ability to learn the fundamentals. We have new shooters attend our matches on a regular basis with systems that are less than capable as well as some who show up with rifles that are not set up properly. To help these new shooters, I'm building a rifle for them to use when they lack the proper education to make informed decisions about equipment or have a rifle that is shooting poorly. Having a rifle that I set up, have mounted the scope base/rings and optic as well as testing the scope's tracking will go a long way in helping a shooter learn whether it's them or their equipment.

This build is coming out of my pocket and is what I consider a budget rifle but built with performance in mind and would also serve as an example of what can be built with proper choices for our purpose. To this end, I've purchased a Remington 700 action to which I will put a Remage barrel in 6.5 Creedmoor and a Timney 510 trigger. Chassis or stock was up in the air until KRG announced their "Bravo" chassis at a price point of $349. I've been touch with them and asked to be notified when orders are being accepted. All told, the cost to this point will be about $1300 without optic.

I realize that there are many who are deserving of this scope and the decision will be difficult. I personally do not need the optic, but, please know that if I were selected for this scope, it would be utilized for those in need of a rifle to shoot our matches and educational purposes.

As for the rules and criteria, I'm at a loss of what to post. I have the action in the safe and the barrel is on order. The chassis has not been released as of yet, November is the last I heard, which is when the barrel should be here. If this rules me out, so be it. I know that someone deserving will have an excellent optic.

Frank, thank you for this opportunity, I'm sure it is greatly appreciated by all of us on the forum.

Semper Fi...Sig Marine

Last edited:
    I don't need a scope.....just convinced my wife to let me buy a new S&B 5 X 25 PMII for my Anschutz trainer....hope it goes to someone that truly deserves it, and will put it to good use.....

Frank, thank you for doing this type of thing.......

SEMPER FI !

Had to sell my scope (original Bushnell elite with G2), along with a bunch of other gun stuff, to help fund daycare for my 2 foster kids (ages 3,4). We have had them just a few weeks now and haven't had time to go shooting (trying to bond) but plan on going and attending a local match.

Attachments

• photo72686.jpg
      photo72686.jpg
      18.6 KB · Views: 42
    I have been a long time member here. Recently back from a long hiatus. I ended up having to sell all of my long range equipment and now I'm slowly in the process of getting back into things. This would sit on top of my AR-10 .308 that I will eventually be competing with at the moment I'm learning to reload and have a large investment into that. I could give you the whole sob story but in short I'm starting over and this would be a great help. I love this place just for this reason. I wish every one the best of luck and I hope the right person gets it even if it isn't me. I have had several nice optics. NF, Vortex, and so on. I miss them. Any ways best of luck to every one

Attachments

• photo72692.jpg
      photo72692.jpg
      77.6 KB · Views: 42
    Have an AR-15 I built with an 18” white oak barrel. It currently sports a vortex 1-4 pst. Need some more mag to stretch the ol girl out. Any help would be appreciated. Toys come by a little slower now a days my daughters needs trump mine.

Attachments

• photo72698.jpg
      photo72698.jpg
      67.2 KB · Views: 38
    Here's my case, short version:
    After the disabling accident, and then going through over a year with no income, I bought a Crusader (Lawton receiver in 7.62) when funds started coming in finally. Intended on getting glass, next. In the meantime (2 years later) I bought a Millett, just so that I could start to shoot the Crusader. I then attended a few "Western Canada F-Class Championships" with it, and was a contender. My Lady stepped me up to a Falcon Menace, and had me put the Millet on her rifle.

I'm just happy that I didn't end up last, each time. Life happens, I do what I can, I've been blessed in many ways, and with some friends. It's always been the intent to get better glass, but one does have to work within their means. And I'd sure like to be a contender again, when PGWDTI puts on another!

This would surely help, and I can't deny that. And I know it would surely help so many others, as well. Good luck to all, and Thank You Sightron AND Frank for doing this. To further the sport and field is truly stepping up.

To which, and I know it ain't much, but I would definitely give away the Millett, to keep "passin' it forward" were I to be chosen.

Last edited:
    Just wanted to drop in and say that this is a really kind gesture and an awesome thing you're doing lowlight! This will definitely make someone's day!

Here's my case, short version:
    After the disabling accident, and then going through over a year with no income, I bought a Crusader (Lawton receiver in 7.62) when funds started coming in finally. Intended on getting glass, next. In the meantime (2 years later) I bought a Millett, just so that I could start to shoot the Crusader. I then attended a few "Western Canada F-Class Championships" with it, and was a contender. My Lady stepped me up to a Falcon Menace, and had me put the Millet on her rifle.

I'm just happy that I didn't end up last, each time. Life happens, I do what I can, I've been blessed in many ways, and with some friends. It's always been the intent to get better glass, but one does have to work within their means. And I'd sure like to be a contender again, when PGWDTI puts on another!

This would surely help, and I can't deny that. And I know it would surely help so many others, as well. Good luck to all, and Thank You Sightron AND Frank for doing this. To further the sport and field is truly stepping up.

To which, and I know it ain't much, but I would definitely give away the Millett, to keep "passin' it forward" were I to be chosen.

It took me a while after getting handicapped to quit feeling sorry for myself, and my losses; before I started counting my blessings. I sold a lot of nice glass and rifles I did not need, and still have enough to suit my purpose.

Best of luck to all you guys who could really use it. Well done Lowlight and Sightmark, this is a very nice thing to do for someone.

Actually I don't want it to keep I just want to borrow it for a couple of weeks until my Night Force gets shipped via the Night Force vets program. I entered my first competition locally and could use a good scope. After that it would be shipped to the final owner.

I don't "need" this scope. So as a member of the best forum, my vote is that the scope is given to a current military member or veteran who can put it to good use and who currently doesn't have the means to purchase themselves a scope. Thanks to all for their service and for protecting all of us so that we may live freely in the best country in the world....coming from a USAF vet!!! I am forever grateful for all that you all do and will always stand at attention for the anthem!!!

My local Salvation Army commander was complaining just last week that their counter sniper scope doesn't hold zero. I would keep the said scope and donate one of my Leopold Rifleman scopes that will fit their set up.

I'm not sure if anyone deserves this scope, however, I would use it on my FCP savage in .308. I now have a SWFA on it and like most would like an upgrade. I am shooting in Most series and would like to move up to the PRS series and this scope would help in my endeavours. Tried to post pictures required but file size too big my profile picture is me shooting at a match. Good luck to everyone here in winning.

How about donating to a charity hunt group? There’s several that take sick kids and disabled people out for hunts and are always looking for equipment to make that possible.

I know of at least one that was looking for some gear not long ago. Most of the stuff they use isn’t given to them but is purchased by the organizers.

Need to upgrade my 2.5-10 Vortex HSLR that plays musical chairs with my hunting rifle (factory R700 in 243) and the rifle I'm planning to use for my first comp (pictured below).

Sightmark would find a permanent home on the rifle pictured. If chosen I will be sure to post many pics of me at the comp as proof of using it for its intended purpose as well as writing a thank you letter to sightmark.

Rifle is a trued R700 243AI in a non-folding AICS stock. Might not be all the new whiz bang stuff but it was in my budget and it shoots.

Thanks for your consideration!

Attachments

• photo72768.png
      photo72768.png
      3.2 KB · Views: 38
    • photo72770.png
      photo72770.png
      3.2 KB · Views: 41
    • photo72773.png
      photo72773.png
      11.3 KB · Views: 38
    • IMG_2118.JPG
      IMG_2118.JPG
      25.3 KB · Views: 34
    Last edited:
    I'd like to have this scope so l could put it in vertical split rings and see if it tracks and returns to zero properly.

I'm kidding. I agree 100% with Thrasher. Thanks to all military personnel for your service.

My story? Okay. It was never easy for me. I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi...

I dont need a scope to be given to me so with that said I hope it finds its way to a good home classy move to do this for the Hide community thank you Frank and Sightmark.

Give it to cold bore miracle jr. The kid busted a mule deer with a 260 at 500 yards with a 1-6 last year. If anyone needs a scope it's that young man.

Guys,

Deserve is a bad word and I get that, really I just want to read your reasoning why...

I understand nobody "needs" any of this, or deserves it over someone else. But we are looking to give this away and the better the reasoning the easier the choice for me as there are a lot of you out there that could use this scope.

I basically just want it to go to a good home, where it won't be rolled over in 2 weeks. I want to see it get used, I think it is worthy of being in the game.

I can say that I have never sold or given away any thing that I have been given no matter how hard times got. I i always value the gesture and kindness. I also have 3 kids that are avid shiooters. So the price for equipment starts to add up fast. The highest powered scope I have at the moment is 1-4 Leopoldo on my AR10. Its kind of hard teaching my kids with that. I guess I'm saying if I ended up with it I would not just be mine it would benifite my entire family. At the moment I'm limited to the 300yd range I would love to step up to the 500 and may be even 1000yd distances

Last edited:
    JMGlasgow posted previously saying that he wanted to win this scope to give to me. The rifle that is depicted in his post is my rifle. I'm kind of in love with it and enjoy being able to reach out and touch something. I have an inexpensive scope on the rifle now. I would definitely like a better scope to extend my range and give me more options. Previous to owning this rifle the longest shot that I ever took while hunting, that I was certain of on the distance, was 321 yards with my old 06.
    This is a beautiful scope. Your review left me drooling. I would love to have this scope but I must admit that I can live without it. I will move up to an Athlon or something of that nature, if I don't win this. I'm a single dad and money is tight sometimes so this scope would be greatly appreciated, and will likely be far outside my budget for a while. Kudos to you for giving us all a chance to put something like this in our arsenal. Thanks Jeff for making me aware of this. I'm very excited to learn about and explore this forum.
    Rob

Attachments

• photo72821.jpg
      photo72821.jpg
      44.1 KB · Views: 35
    I was trying to save up for a decent scope but like always, something comes up...this time, Hurricane Harvey. While we didn't have near the devastation and loss that many had, we did lose a car (wifes wedding gift- Saturn Sky) and have a room flood...but we feel blessed given the situation. So, any and all funds have been redirected.

Saving for a scope wouldn't be such a big deal now that I feel deserving of one (I feel I have to earn components with skill rather than just buy) but I'm now working for about 1/3 of what I'm accustomed to...my field has been devastated (Oil & Gas). While some of the industry is picking up the need for field landmen and GIS analysts are still minimal.

Despite the financial conditions I've been placed in the most reason I can give as to needing a scope is because of what I have...either a crappy Barska that gets foggy if the temps change too much or Explorer Optics both are good to about 300 yards, beyond that they suck and both SFP....ok, I lied- they suck period regardless of range. I got them because it's all I could afford at the time and they did work for what I needed. Now they're a hindrance...and zero prospect of anything better anytime in the future.

As mentioned, I never buy gear to simply buy, if it's good- I have to earn it...now my sitting, prone (sling) skills can benefit from a better scope. Unfortunately I have no means to acquire anything better than what I have.

I don't have bad ass high end rifle- just a rebuilt 700 by Chad at LRI that sits in an old McMillan stock- Old modified 40x-basically a Baker special ...it's my only rifle
    I don't compete- can't afford it (though as per rules, I'll find some way to compete in something to show off the scope)
    I can't shoot on a regular basis- can't afford it
    I'm just a guy that likes to shoot and would like to have better than Barska and Explorer Optics when I shoot...

Oh, and pic of rifle will be attached tomorrow...(assuming I can- have had issues in past)

Last edited:
    Frank,

I'd like to have the scope so that I could give it to a buddy of mine that is wanting to get into shooting some local/Guardian Long Range matches and into long range but, has a tight budget.

Frank, personally I've no thought whatsoever of 'selling it'. If I were to receive it, that is. I've not been able to upgrade my glass at all, in some years now. Simply a financial situation of responsibly dealing out, that which I take in.

And I have already competed (miserably) in a few of the F-Class championships, (Western Canada) and would definitely like to (and intend to) do so more, and more regular. To have the Menace atop the Crusader is almost shameful, and yet the way I'm looking at it, at least I'm out there shooting.

At the same time though, I pray with each and every shot that the scope don't shit-the-bed. Stepping up to a Sightron such as this, would be a huge leap for me/us here. The appreciation would be/is obvious, and the use would be/is for a LONG TIME. I've been trying to do this for about a decade, and ain't about to give up now.

There's a few around here who've assisted me, in one way or another. It is this site that has gotten me/us as far as it is, and if it weren't for the photobucket debacle, I'd be able to re-post that which I've purchased from members here. Years ago, when I had a bit of money.

GA Precision, Phoenix Tactical, RWS, Kestrel, just to name a few.

I'm not saying in any way, shape, or form that I'm the only deserving recipient. NOT by a long shot. I'm only throwing my hat in the ring, as I know where I stand, (figuratively, with a cane) and know where I'm wanting to get to. The fact that Sightron is promoting and supporting this venture is fantastic, and only helps to bring more into the shooting fold.

Good luck to all, and we're all winners here anyways, no matter what happens. Look at what we've gleaned over the years. Almost 2 decades, already. For some members.

Stepping up to a Sightron such as this, would be a huge leap for me/us here.

Not gonna get it like that lol

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"103","width":"298","src":"http:\/\/www.thecountryman.com\/media\/brands\/Sightron.png"}[/IMG2]
    VS
    [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/www.sightmark.com\/images\/logo.png"}[/IMG2]

Hello all, first of all I want to say that I am rather new to this forum but have been reading stuff on here for a bit before I joined. I will admit, I absolutely do not have any history of simply shooting for fun. I have however been hunting since I was just a kid. Recently, I heard about 6.5 creedmoor being a great long range cartridge. I was never looking to buy a rifle or anything but after doing a lot of reading, I decided I wanted to buy one. I am a recent college graduate barely getting experience in workforce. I work in an entry level position for a bank so quite frankly, the pay sucks. I bought a Ruger American Predator back in February because that's all I was able to afford. Little by little I saved to buy a scope for it, rings, scope covers, ammo, etc. I am still trying different types of factory ammo because I got hooked and really liked shooting at targets just for fun and plan to participate in small local tournaments first. Therefore, I am trying to pick out which ammo the rifle likes best. While I barely make enough, I try to save for more ammo and/Or rifle accessories. I know my rifle isn't a very good one as it is considered by many a budget rifle but I have already been looking in the PX for barreled actions so that I can buy and build something better. If I were to get that scope, it would go on my American Predator for now. However, if I end up building something else, I will definitely switch it to that. I've also been eyeballing the Tikka T3x but I just don't think I can afford one just yet. I am always reading info on here and looking things up because I enjoy learning about this. In the meanwhile, I am also looking at upgrading the stock on my rifle because I want to get something better and if I can get and accuracy improvement I will definitely take it. I honestly do not NEED a new scope because I see this sport as a luxury and an expensive one too. With that being said, I know how to appreciate things and if I were to win it, I would have no problem sending a letter of appreciation to Sightmark. One thing I forgot to mention, even though I have enjoyed shooting at targets so far, I also plan on using my rifle for hunting. I am really excited on taking a few big hogs this year so if I do, I would definitely share pics of that as well. Again, I don't need the scope but im just trying to make it into the precision shooting scene little by little as I can and also trying to learn a lot. I will post a pic of what my Ruger American Predator looks like right now with a weaver tactical. Hopefully I can save enough for a Rem700 or Savage 10 barreled action soon. Heck, maybe even a Tikka t3x if I can find me a better job.

20170819_141553.jpg

Last edited:
    The skinny is hospital bills have ruined my hobby since the birth of my first child, 6 years ago next month. I shot in my first match in December of 2015 and had to sell my entire setup, again for hospital bills, the following month. I've tried piecing build together since, and usually get met with more bills.

Current day, I finally have a TL3 that MHSA built for me two weeks ago. Having just moved to the Denver area, I'm looking to get back into match shooting, but cannot with my current 10x scope I have.

Rifle it it will be on:

bkFiI3Z.jpg

I had to sell the scope that was on this rifle after having my son, for some extra money. I would like to attend the mason Dixon sniper challenge next year because it's near me. For my first PRS match I would like to do the production class and this scope would be perfect for it. Thank you for the opportunity
    4e864ba6c62263262c0f206b506e02b3.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like this guy to get it...the Mason Dixon matches are awesome and a great place to learn.

Plus I like new competition :cool:

as per rules- My rifle w/ explorer optics scope...(crappy pic- but it's all I have--will try for better pics tomorrow).

How do yo load full size picture instead of this "mini" pic?

Attachments

• photo73071.jpg
      photo73071.jpg
      93.3 KB · Views: 34
    Last edited:
    This is awesome. Way to pay it forward.
    I love long range and have competed in several PRS events and most recently more and more hunting. Last month my home was broken in to and i had my rifle and my spotting gear all stolen. I used the insurance money to purchase a new spotting scope, binos, and pack. (one week before my archery mule deer hunt)
    I ordered a new rifle from a great crew here with Sin city precision. DMR. It will sport a manners prs stock and proof barrel. I only need a scope to complete it. (pictured scope is from the builder for the pic only) Insurance funds are gone and now i am stuck without a complete package. FRANK..... Make my rifle complete.

Attachments

• IMG_0808.PNG
      IMG_0808.PNG
      99 KB · Views: 35
    • 76EC64B7-21A1-477D-849F-C264A4BCB185.jpeg
      76EC64B7-21A1-477D-849F-C264A4BCB185.jpeg
      36.5 KB · Views: 31
    • CB946E2D-6B76-4EFE-8F6F-E2E989C0288D.jpeg
      CB946E2D-6B76-4EFE-8F6F-E2E989C0288D.jpeg
      34.7 KB · Views: 37
    Last edited: