• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Winchester 308 once fired brass

TurdFerguson

thinking sucks
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2014
Burgerworld
I see midway has 500 rounds of "Grade 1" once fired 308 brass. Its labeled as Winchester made. Anyone have any experience with it?

ETA I see its collected/recycled from indoor ranges.... Anyone tried it? Would I be stupid to trust it?

I see midway has 500 rounds of "Grade 1" once fired 308 brass. Its labeled as Winchester made. Anyone have any experience with it?

ETA I see its collected/recycled from indoor ranges.... Anyone tried it? Would I be stupid to trust it?
This? https://www.midwayusa.com/product/101003526?pid=607986

It's not "Winchester made"--It's 308 Winchester caliber
I use brass like this all the time--no reason not to "trust" it. It's not for match grade or precision ammo. It's also partially processed-deprimed and crimp removed, cleaned. Looks like a good deal to me for just shootemup ammo.

If it the one I think it is, the description describes it as "mixed head stamp". Further in the description is that they've been "fired in a belt-fed, fully-automatic firearm" from the military, which can be difficult in sizing to SAAMI specs because the military automatic firearms have chambers that are quite large compared to what we see in the civilian market. Automatic weapons are hard on brass, so you'll want to go through a thorough brass prep process so they've work without issue in your gun. It can be done and will work fine if you want to put the work into them. Note too, you'll want to sort the brass by head stamp, with Winchester head stamp are going to have much more case volume than Lake City or PPU brass, which makes a significant difference in performance.

Just buy the fgm 1x fired brass from member here.