• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Winchester 45gr Subsonic 22lr

FromMyColdDeadHand

40X Mafia
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2008
CO
I was at Bass Pros getting some 22lr to blast through my 15-22s and I saw this Winchester 45 gr subsonic and target ammo. Anyone try it yet. Bought a box of it to try out an chrono. Heavier's better, right ;)

Not the M-22 bulk pack stuff. This is 100 rounds in an 'egg crate' and is "Super Suppressed". The M-22 bulk looked interesting also.

super-suppressed-rimfire-sub-brand-feature.ashx

8xNdRAVgLX326pumUYvCkwsGT3AKaVsQ-gAvo186QUAn429McIm-JtZLfEfIQury2TayrdZC4FuqvRM86Q=w26-h16
Winchester 45 grain Super Suppressed Subsonic

Jumping carp crap! That is just about as ridiculous a sales moniker as I've ever run into.

Zoom in on the cartridges in the sales image. Take a close look at those bullet noses. Typical Winchester 22lr quality.
Looks like they were dropped in a pile of gravel, kicked around, swept up, then boxed and shipped.
I wouldn't expect anything more than minute of berm out of 'em. On a good day.

@FromMyColdDeadHand
Pardon me (and justin) reacting like this, nothing on you. But we have both gone through this road before with the same hopes and have a hunch of what is ahead of you :D

Reactions: BigTex
Absolute accuracy is not the only virtue .22LR ammo can have.
If this ammo holds 1.5 MOA in a .25 MOA rifle at 50 yards but penetrates well, stays SS all the time it could be very useful.
Not every round fired is for ELR matches.
Just a thought.

1573564680668.png

Or actually, not a chance....

You'd think I'd suggested a three-some to the old lady...

I'm pretty immune to marketing, I chuckled about being 'super'- (when everyone is suppressed, no one is super suppressed) and moved on to that the bullet was heavier. I thought that someone was coming out with new 22lr ammo specifically for long-range shooting- I guess this ain't it...

Not picking on anyone, just that the name hit my funny bone dead center.
Almost made me snort my coffee.
I've had mixed results with current Winchester rimfire production.
Done well with the 17wsm, not so good with their 17hmr, half decent with the 22wmr
and meh with their 22lr. Had to return 2 boxes of M-22 22lr due to defective production.
Took 3 months to work through the customer service but they did reimburse me.
I've used Winchester 22lr for my single six, it'll eat anything.
But accuracy at a distance is not Winchester's 22lr strong point. ;)

My rimfire shooting started in the ‘60’s
Yellow box Super-X 37 grain HP ammo was 77.00 per case of 5000 with tax. When accuracy was really needed I shot Win Super Match I went through 3-5 cases per year in my Mod 52 and S&W K-22. It was superb ammo, the best available at the time.

I still have a case or two of each. It’s still very good ammo.

Too bad the ammo is now held in such low regard.