• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Winchester 670a 3006

afv338

anthony
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2017
pa
Someone gave me a 670a with a stock that's in terrible shape. it more than likely can be fixed but I don't want to spend the time. does anybody make a cheap synthetic stock for this action and would it fit in a stock for a model 70. it does have a blind mag but i could add a floorplate or mag if needed. Thinking it will make a great truck gun or loaner as it has a 22 in barrel as i hate to just let it sit and collect dust.

I bought one for $100 many years ago, for my daughter.....the seller telling me if I was disappointed with it he’d refund my money. Had a cracked stock which we put a little epoxy in, shot a few groups from couple of loads that I had loaded for someone else through it.....one of the loads went under an inch for five shots! I kept the rifle! 😉 I put a Bell & Carlson stock on it and bought the bottom metal (cost $70 for the bottom metal 🤬)....it’s been a great gun!

All that said.....you may have difficulty getting bottom metal now. So, you may end up keeping the blind magazine set-up.....if you can find a stock set up for the blind magazine. Good Luck with your project! memtb

thanks for your replies fellows i looked at the boyds they all looked like they were wood would really like to get something lighter as some type of syn.

Bro in Law has killed a couple truckbeds full of deer with one of those.
They are capable…….