• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Winchester Coyote

BradfromND

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2010
Fargo, ND
Anyone own one of these? I'm looking at possibly trading for one and am curious how they shoot.

Thanks

Re: Winchester Coyote

Had one in 22-250. Had to pillar bed it to get it to shoot well, the factory bedding consisted of some type of glue or silicon that was squirted into the recoil lug area on the stock.

The substance would soften as the barrel warmed up and cause shifting point of aim/point of impact.

Once the bedding was corrected it shot great, 1/2" 5 shot groups off a benchrest at 100 yards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DV</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Had one in 22-250. Had to pillar bed it to get it to shoot well, the factory bedding consisted of some type of glue or silicon that was squirted into the recoil lug area on the stock.

The substance would soften as the barrel warmed up and cause shifting point of aim/point of impact.

Once the bedding was corrected it shot great, 1/2" 5 shot groups off a benchrest at 100 yards. </div></div>

Huh, not too shabby I'd say (after the bedding).

Same experience, I've had two of them and neither one would shoot until they were pillar bedded.

Still have the one in 7mmWSM and it is my go-to rifle next to my little CZ 527 in 223.

Are y'all referring to the older Coyote with laminated stock or the current Coyote Light ?

Older style, not the new Light style. The one I am looking at is 7mm wsm. I've been thinking about a 7 WSM for a while but don't know if I'll be happy with just picking up a factory gun vs building.

Have one in SS laminated stock 7WSM. My dad has the same. I have only tried 175SMK in them and they both shoot excellent. 1/2moa no problem.

Thanks for the help guys. I found one NIB for 650. The guy was looking for my 10/22 magnum on trade but now I guess he found one. I guess I'll just have to sell the thing and buy his. It seems like a good price.

My 270WSM shoots like shit and kicks like a mule. I'll have to get it pillar bedded. Love the rifle though. Great deer and elk gun.