• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Winchester Dynapoint GT

LoneWolfUSMC

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
I went all over town today looking for a reasonable alternative to the $15.99/100 CCI Green Tag that my Savage MkII likes. Walmart was totally out of any SV .22. They can never tell me when they will get more in. Gander Mtn. didn't have crap. My last stop was Dick's. They had bricks of Winchester Dyanpoint GT for $22.99. I snapped one up. Going to shoot some tomorrow. If it works well I am going to buy all they have.

Anyone else use Dynapoints? I read mostly good stuff from a quick search on Rimfire Central.

Re: Winchester Dynapoint GT

It functions fine in my Spikes 22 AR upper. Not the most accurate I've found but it never fails to fire and eject. I tried to scoop it when ever I see it below 18 bucks. last year it was 11 arround here and I just have not made leap to over 20 yet. Donald

I am very happy with Dynapoints. I had the local WW pick up cases of them and buy it a case at a time. For 11 bucks for 500, much better than the cost of match stuff.

I've been using it in my Spikes upper, works as good as the Fed bulk stuff in mine, perhaps even better. Dicks has been the only place I've seen it and that's not very often.

I've been using CCI blue box Standard Velocity/Target. Since I modified the rear lower corner of my 10/22's bolt with a bigger hammer/cocking radius to cycle properly with Gold bedal Match, it's the best compromise I can find that's both accurate and cycles reliably. Paying $20.99 a brick at my local gun shop. I just like it so much I find myself using too much at a time. Easily holds 1/2-3/4MOA at 50yd, and around 1MOA at 100yd. When I say easily holds, I'm talking about my 10 year old grandson on his first ever rimfire outing, firing my accurized 10/22 from an improvised rest. I'm in the process of framing his first-ever 50yd and 100yd targets.

Greg

DynaPoints do reasonably well in my Model Five, but I always seem to get a flyer or two that ruins a ten shot group. I am going to try some weigh sorting to see if they will do better. They are nice and quiet, no supersonic crack.

I can find no difference in performance between FGMM and the CCI Blue Box, and they are night and day different, in accuracy and function, from the Federal Bulk and Remington Golden Bullet Bulk; in the 10/22. The Mossberg 44 likes just about anything I feed it.