• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Winchester is introducing two new powders

Iron Worker

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2005
Nevada
Winchester has two new powders out.
Staball HD is meant for 6.5 PRC-300PRC cartridges. They listed some load data with this new powder, and I can easily outproduce their posted velocities with current powders.
Staball MATCH It's described as a medium-fast burn rate good for PRC competition 6mm ARC, 6mm BR, and 6mm GT.

Next question; When will it be available?
Staball HD is meant for 6.5 PRC-300PRC cartridges. They listed some load data with this new powder, and I can easily outproduce their posted velocities with current powders.
Staball MATCH It's described as a medium-fast burn rate good for PRC competition 6mm ARC, 6mm BR, and 6mm GT.

Next question; When will it be available?

Man, it’s great to have options. Seems like the inhibitors that have been used on previous temp stable powders have prevented top velocity. It’d be great if that was figured out.

Have they posted info showing it on a burn rate chart? I’d like to see where it falls. Man, it’s great to have options. Seems like the inhibitors that have been used on previous temp stable powders have prevented top velocity. It’d be great if that was figured out.

Have they posted info showing it on a burn rate chart? I’d like to see where it falls.

Reactions: Iron Worker
Great to have options if you truely have options. If it isn't available what's the use......

Man, it’s great to have options. Seems like the inhibitors that have been used on previous temp stable powders have prevented top velocity. It’d be great if that was figured out.

Have they posted info showing it on a burn rate chart? I’d like to see where it falls. Man, it’s great to have options. Seems like the inhibitors that have been used on previous temp stable powders have prevented top velocity. It’d be great if that was figured out.

Have they posted info showing it on a burn rate chart? I’d like to see where it falls.
Yes. They have a new powder burn rate chart in the 2023 handloads magazine. Staball HD is one step slower than RETUMBO. Staball MATCH is one step slower that W-W 748

yea for them when every powder online is around 52.something per 1 lb + hazmat + shipping . another new powder than shows up for a week then not again for another year is just what is needed . maybe they should I don't know make the powders they already have that they are not releasing to the public on purpose maybe . best of luck to them .

Reactions: Taylorbok
Looks like the HD is in stock at a couple of places I looked, both 1 & 8 pounders.

yea for them when every powder online is around 52.something per 1 lb + hazmat + shipping . another new powder than shows up for a week then not again for another year is just what is needed . maybe they should I don't know make the powders they already have that they are not releasing to the public on purpose maybe . best of luck to them .

8 lbs container from Miwall for $280 there buddy. I can't even find it for 52 per pound. Get away from gun show pricing.

Reactions: Bandit320