• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Winchester M-22 Ammo Recall

Oakflat

Private
Minuteman
May 26, 2013
Louisiana Swamps
PRODUCT WARNING AND RECALL NOTICE
WINCHESTER® 22 Long Rifle RIMFIRE AMMUNITION
Olin Corporation, through its Winchester Division, is recalling two (2) lots of M*22™ 22 Long Rifle 40 Grain Black Copper Plated Round Nose rimfire ammunition.

Symbol Number: S22LRT
Lot Numbers: GD42L and GD52L
Winchester has determined the above lots of 22 Long Rifle rimfire ammunition may contain double powder charges.
Ammunition with double powder charges may subject the shooter or bystanders to a risk of serious personal injury and/or death, or cause firearm damage, rendering the firearm inoperable.
DO NOT USE WINCHESTER® M*22™ 22 Long Rifle RIMFIRE AMMUNITION WITH LOT NUMBERS GD42L or GD52L.
The ammunition Lot Number is imprinted (stamped without ink) on the left tuck flap of the 500-round carton as indicated here. The 1000-round intermediate carton does not have a Lot Number.
To determine if your ammunition is subject to this notice, review the Symbol Number and Lot Number.
If it is Symbol Number S22LRT with a Lot Number containing GD42L or GD52L immediately discontinue use and contact Winchester toll-free at 866-423-5224 or visit Link for free UPS pick-up of the recalled ammunition.
This notice applies only to Symbol Number S22LRT with Lot Numbers GD42L and GD52L. Other Symbol Numbers or Lot Numbers are not subject to this recall.
If you have any questions concerning this 22 Long Rifle rimfire ammunition recall please call toll-free 866-423-5224, write to Winchester (600 Powder Mill Road, East Alton, IL 62024 Attn: S22LRT Recall), or visit our website at Winchester Ammunition.

We apologize for this inconvenience.
WINCHESTER
January 26, 2014

There is that great quality control we have been seeing since the ammo shortage began. Small wonder the stuff doesn't group worth a damn when they can't even figure out how many powder charges they put in it. On a side note, I get how a hand-loader occasionally dubble charges ammo but isn't this stuff automated with redundant checks at Winchester. It seems a little surprising that, presumably, and employee can just accidentally run the things though the powder charger again. Perhaps they are saying dubble charges when they mean way out of spec charges.

This is what I use in my h&k sd and colt gold cup.I checked my stash and I'm GTG......Thanks for the heads up! Just another reason why the hide is kick ass:thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I605