• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Winchester M70 follower question

Engine 22

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 3, 2008
    KC
    Will a factory follower for a WSM work for a .243. I can't find any indication that they are not the same.

Re: Winchester M70 follower question

They are definitely not the same. Can't tell you if the short mag follower would work as I've never tried it, but I'd look for a 243/7-08/308 follower and spring.

Re: Winchester M70 follower question

I was using a WSM follower on my FN PBR XP .308 for a bit. It was finnicky and would bind up when feeding once in a while. I would suggest getting the proper follower. They are indeed different, as I compared it to my .308 follower on my M70 Stealth.

Hello! I am new here and I found this thread in google... I bought a new M70 Classic Hunter (european version with iron sights) in 270 WSM.
    The magazine follower is half inch shorter than the magazine box. Is it normal?