• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Winchester model 1400 HELP!!!!

carhauler89

Private
Minuteman
May 27, 2009
I got a model 1400 winchester from my dad today when he gave it to me he said it would not reload. I know from other threads this was the worst auto ever made, but i am sure someone has a fix. any help would be greatly appreciated...

Re: Winchester model 1400 HELP!!!!

I have had a 20 GA. Model 1400 , that I paid 100 bucks for brand new , for 12 years and never had an ounce of trouble with it . I am not sure why anyone would refer to it as th eworst autoloading shotgun ever . The coating they use on the reciever and barrel is impervious to wear and corrosion and mine has fed low base cheap ammo since day one . The only downside I have ever encountered is that you can't extend the mag tube for higher capacity .

YMMV

Re: Winchester model 1400 HELP!!!!

I finally gave in and took the gun to a local drunk/gunsmith. He wobbled around cycled the gun a few times and decided that it was out of time. He made a few adjustments to the slide arm and it shoots smooth as silk now..