• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Winchester Model 1873 Lever Action 32WCF

Inzaneriderz

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 25, 2011
Mechanicsburg, PA United States
Hello everyone, I am a plumber by occupation and have a customer that I have come to know on a more personal level over the last couple of years. He is very 'green' in the firearms world, to the point where he owns no modern firearms of any type, and was more or less instructed by various people over the years to acquire these certain firearms. He is very wealthy and into what I would call more historic firearms and he is looking to sell a few and asked me if I knew anything on this one... It is a winchester model 1873 lever action that is chambered in 32 WCF, which I think is/was a black power cartridge. It has a walnut stock and a octagonal shaped barrel. The barrel also has a large amount of print on the top of it, most of which is un-identifiable. I believe the serial number on the gun is 358822B or maybe that last digit is an 8 instead of a 'B'. I was just curious as to what it may possibly be worth? I do not have any pics but I would venture to say the gun is in good to fair condition. I would even appreciate if anyone here could direct me to a place to get more info on it. It seems that there are many generations/models of this gun and price ranges vary dramatically. Thanks again...

Re: Winchester Model 1873 Lever Action 32WCF

http://www.winchestercollector.org/

To compare prices/auction results, etc. Gunbroker is a good site that can help gauge the market.

But most '73's are now in the high end of the collector market and very tiny variations make for huge price and value swings. If you look at some of the prices realized at Bonhams/Butterfields, they can also help gauge the values of the real investment grade guns.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Sirhr