• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

winchester model 70 heavy varmint?

slayer_21420

Minuteman
Jan 5, 2009
Stanchfield, MN
just picked one of these up in 243win for $350, I haven't shot it yet, it has less than 100rds through it. I was wondering if any of you guys have experience with this rifle, and what twist they are?

thanks, Steve

Re: winchester model 70 heavy varmint?

Have one in 220swift and it shoots very well. Enjoy it.

You should be ashamed of yourself @ 350.00,you must be "helping" a grieving widow! I am Winchester to the bone,I have 2 pre 64 varminters, .220swift and .243win. both are sub .5moa guns,an 89 mod 70 custom shop sporter varmint in .22-250 that has done .25 with pet factory loads, I have a .223rem sporter varmint that is a solid .5 gun but I went thru 4 before I got one that shot this well. I shot a friends .22-250 in the black H Varmint and it was a real shooter! All 3 of the .243win sporter varmints Ive owned were great shooters but I sold my last one to finance the pre64 .243 varminter. If you do not like yours let me know!! very best Steve

Cattle buyer got that right..........you stole that dude.
Good score!

IIRC, your .243 should be a 1/10 twist.

My .223 HBV has a 1/12 barrel.

PS - like others said, you stold it
smile.gif

My HV 243 works best with 105 A Max pushed hard. Daughter took it when she was 13 and been killin shit and banging steel out to 1000 with it.
If ya need your money back let me know and I can help you out.

You got ripped off and you'll never be able to make it shoot, give up. I'll tell you what, out of the goodness of my heart I'll give you $300 for it, that way you aren't taking too much of a hit. You can thank me later;)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slayer_21420</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just picked one of these up in 243win for $350, I haven't shot it yet, it has less than 100rds through it. I was wondering if any of you guys have experience with this rifle, and what twist they are?

thanks, Steve </div></div>

I don't own anything but Winchester and FN when it comes to precision rigs.

Have a few of these rifles as well....

I hate you!

thanks for all the replies, I've been checking on these for the past couple days, and the cheapest one i've found that wasn't shot to crap was $699.
grin.gif

I'll let you all know how it shoots...

Steve