• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

winchester model 70 questions

matthias

Terminal lurker
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2011
bismarck north dakota
here is the story. i went to the gun show friday and traded a winchester 70 in 22-250 for an inteesting model 70 in 308 win.
Pj wright was stamped with 1|16 letters 2” in front of the recoil lug in barrel channel
Bedded with steel bed?
Serial number g960XXX
Redfield Olympic model adjustable iris rear sight
Redfield international match front clear insert
26” barrel twist looks like a 1-12 or 1-14? I have gotten different measurements when I checked

anyone know anything about this gun? or style of gun ( other than its a palma rifle , or copy of one), what is it worth ? the year of manufacture etc? i can t get picture to load

Re: winchester model 70 questions

there is a sticky on how to post pics somewhere and it is very helpfull. I did manage to put a pic up once.
good luck.

Re: winchester model 70 questions

Well there was a Paul Wright who was a stock maker for Weatherby and a natinally ranked Palma shooter. But your rfle sounds like its a push feed, which I suppose would date it from the mid sixties on, but its altogether possible that its one of his rifles.