• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Winchester model 70 stock discussion!

EvanNieters

Private
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2022
Hoover Al
A2E7CA1B-D14E-4FF0-A67B-9700B20E46F2.jpeg
image.jpg
Hey guys. I just picked up my Winchester Model 70 chambered in 700 WSM. I’ve been looking at a few different options for aftermarket stocks or chassis. I need some help tho. I don’t know a lot about bolt action rifles yet. Does anyone know what this barrel contour type is? The website to order is asking me the kind of barrel contour and I can’t tell if it’s standard or sporter. Below are some pictures of my gun. It’s ugly right now but that’s why I’m here so we can get it looking good and shooting straight together:)

View attachment 7817718View attachment 7817719Hey guys. I just picked up my Winchester Model 70 chambered in 700 WSM. I’ve been looking at a few different options for aftermarket stocks or chassis. I need some help tho. I don’t know a lot about bolt action rifles yet. Does anyone know what this barrel contour type is? The website to order is asking me the kind of barrel contour and I can’t tell if it’s standard or sporter. Below are some pictures of my gun. It’s ugly right now but that’s why I’m here so we can get it looking good and shooting straight together:)
Also it is the super shadow model and was manufactured in 2003

Cripez, how often are you going to subject us to this shit?

Cripez, how often are you going to subject us to this shit?

How about you quit crying and give me some help so I don’t have to start new threads for different types of questions :) respectfully

Side note: I met probably 2 people today on this app that have been super helpful and it’s been rad! Leave the negativity behind your sweaty keyboard. It’s not like we didn’t all start somewhere. If you don’t wanna talk model 70 or bolt actions then don’t click on my thread. Simple. I’m lookin for some recommendations on a nice trigger and some brakes that you guys run (if you like to run them)

Last edited:
Reactions: WT1
Check with Long Rifles Inc. He may be custom inletting flat top stocks by CNC. If he can, you should be able to find a stock at Mcmillan or Manners and be in business. I don't know if you have decided on bottom metal, but it is also sort of an issue. PT&G may be a source or MWG as the options are very limited. Timney makes an excellent trigger if you need one. Replaced the standard FN triggers with these. LOL

Reactions: EvanNieters
Check with Long Rifles Inc. He may be custom inletting flat top stocks by CNC. If he can, you should be able to find a stock at Mcmillan or Manners and be in business. I don't know if you have decided on bottom metal, but it is also sort of an issue. PT&G may be a source or MWG as the options are very limited. Timney makes an excellent trigger if you need one. Replaced the standard FN triggers with these. LOL
Yeah it’s definitely gotta get the Timney trigger. As far as bottom metal goes I found one that will work well for the time being until I go with a box mag conversion. Thank you for your help I’ll check them out!

Anyone know where I could pick up an adjustable A4 or A5 for a FN Patrol Bolt Rifle (short action) with factory detachable magazines? Used is fine with me. I'll probably paint it anyway. Midwest Gun Works had them but they are out of stock.

It is my understanding that everything is actually the same, aside from the bottom metal, as the Model 70.

H-S Precision makes a nice one for long actions but not for short actions that is adjustable. It looks like a nice stock.

This is a great rifle but stocks for it are few and far between.

Thanks in advance.