• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing winchester model 94 lever action wont shoot straite

mwhite

Private
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2010
la
I have a winchester model 94, its was manufactor in 1976, acording to ser#, it looks brand new and not beatup to be that ole of a rifle, the problem is it shoots to far to the right,, the sights are not bent, the barrel isnt bent and everything looks center, at 25yds it shoots 7inch to the right, and i can move the rear sight to the left to get it on target but the rear sight is just about out of the dovetail,,,, has anyone run into this with one before and does anyone know what the problem might be? thanks for the help

Any defect at the muzzle?

Are you sure the barrel isn't bent? Sounds like that would be the culprit.

Something is jacked up. You should be able to split the diff on the front and rear sights to an acceptable level. I would just put a peep on it and be done.

Any defect at the muzzle?

Are you sure the barrel isn't bent? Sounds like that would be the culprit.

If it is i can't tell it,,,i've check it over good too,, but that dont mean nothin,, this gun hasnt been shot that much, the rifleing and lands still look good, i just dont know its got me stump. also i know someone whos got a winchester model 94 22 mag, and it shoots about 4inches to the right too at about 30yds. and its a very nice looking gun,, but dont shoot worth a flip.

Something is jacked up. You should be able to split the diff on the front and rear sights to an acceptable level. I would just put a peep on it and be done.

somethings wrong thats for sure but its all centered nothin out of wack that i can see. if the barrel was shot out i could see,, but it hasnt been shot that much.