• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Winchester Super X

AZ.noob

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 9, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
These days, we all know it's tough to be choosy about 22lr.
I stumbled upon some Winchester Super X, 40 grain 1280fps hollowpoint. I bought all that I could, obviously.
To my surprise, it shot really well in my little precision trainer (10/22). Not quite as well the primo stuff, but for cheap-ish off the shelf ammo I was pleasantly surprised.

There's a silver lining for ya: were it not for this ridiculous shortage, I might never have found another economical practice alternative:cool:

The Super X Subsonic has always shot well in my guns. It isn't as consistent as I like and it does tend to have fliers but it will shoot paper, small game, and its quiet as shit with a can and cycles in my MKIII

their Super X high velocity is the best shooting round in my mkII FV-SR, had a first time shooter shooting 1 hole groups at 50 yards after 20 mins of training.

I've been looking to replenish my Winchester stash, but all i can find is 325 packs of federal match

I've been looking to replenish my Winchester stash, but all i can find is 325 packs of federal match

Automatch? My Ruger does pretty good with those, not as good as the Winchesters however.

As far as the Winchester bulk (333, 555) I've found very little difference between those and Super X. Same dope, same POI. The bulk stuff produces more unexplainable flyers than does the packaged stuff, and that is to be expected. I have to wonder if the bulk product is (for all intents and purposes) Super X that didn't meet the QC standards

yeah the Automatch, i havent shot it yet since I work through my bricks of 22s based on when I bought them and still have one box of remigtion bulk gold left (terrible bullet in my opinion, you can hear the difference in bullets, thats how much variance in the load)

I pretty much just bought the federal because i was down to 3 bricks and was supposed to teach someone to shoot that week.

I have also noticed that super x and winchester bulk are very very similar. I would not be surprised at all if the bulk is just Super X seconds

their Super X high velocity is the best shooting round in my mkII FV-SR, had a first time shooter shooting 1 hole groups at 50 yards after 20 mins of training.

One hole groups...ya have to shoot more than one round per group.

One hole groups...ya have to shoot more than one round per group.

They were like 15 round groups, so still a pretty large spread. That being said, still a freakishly accurate gun with Winchester high velocity

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk now Free

I shot many cases of Super X HP HV when it was in the old yellow and red boxes. 60's and 70's vintage. It was very good for accuracy and reliability in my Win 52 and Win 63. Also shot well in my Colt Woodsman. Guessing I shot 20 cases of the stuff. Still have a little put back. It also killed well. Only issue was the occasional "quite" round that would strike low beyond 40 yards.