• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Winchester T22 Target

JoeMartin

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2008
USA
Anyone know if Winchester is still making this stuff? My older vintage Marlin 80DL's love this ammo, which makes me really like it too!

I bought a few bricks last spring before stock ran out up here. Winchester have played a gamble with the bullet design from my experience, because these cartridges don't chamber very easily in any firearm I own, which are a High Standard Victor, Sako Triace, Sako P72, CZ452 Silhouette, NS522, and a pair of DPMS 22 uppers. they all choke on this stuff. the bullets are larger diameter than normal, and my guess is Winchester tried to make this ammo perform better in guns that have normal or larger size chambers and throats. it may work very well in some guns, but it doesn't chamber well in any of mine. the older stuff that came in a case with red lettering and a different font was pretty good for the money.