• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report wind constants???

ker2222

Minuteman
Sep 3, 2004
Hastings, MN
I am starting to try and play around with using wind constants in the field (prairie doggin'/deer and antelope fields that is
wink.gif
) we do a lot of walking so conditions are changing and we don't necessarily carry a bunch of stuff with us so after hearing about this system I thought I would give it a try...

So, I was hoping anyone who has actually tried it could let me know how well it works for you. Shoots will generally be 500yrds and under so I think that simplifies things down to 1 number for 308.....Also, anyone have a similiar system for 223/5.56 ammo?

Re: wind constants???

Go to JBM: JBM Ballistics

Put in the data for your load(s), and use a 1 mph crosswind. Record the wind hold it computes at different ranges. To use those, just multiply the 1-mph wind hold by whatever you estimate the crosswind component to be.