• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wind Reading Kestrel 5700 Elite

Fast15x

Private
Minuteman
Sep 20, 2022
NW Arkansas
Was shooting a rimfire match today and the wind was all over the place with speed. If you set to weather mode you can get a display that shows min max and avg. I was then taking that data and manually entering into the ballistic solver. Is there a way to make this copy over automatically? I wasn’t getting the real picture of what was happening with using the standard w1 & w2. I actually didn’t even know the min max avg was there until one of the squad members showed me. Is there a better way when the wind is changing quickly like that?

I feel like that’s a good thing if your not going stage to stage, don’t need a ballistic solver. F class would be cool for sure. I just feel like the if the ballistic solver would do the same as the pic would be very nice. We saw anything from 3-15 over the course of 30-45 sec. The 5 sec capture in the ballistic solver doesn’t give you the full picture.

Attachments

• 3869F043-B119-4860-A0CF-52A1649FD863.jpeg
    3869F043-B119-4860-A0CF-52A1649FD863.jpeg
    369.4 KB · Views: 56