• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report wind reading???

SoldierofFortune1

Private
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2007
Hi Folks,
i am a newbe for long range shooting and i look for a good book about "Wind Reading".
I see one it calls _Owens -Reading the Wind and Coaching Techniques
!
I want to shoot F-Class Matches and lokking for a good Book or have anybody from you a online manual and can send it to me at my e-mail adress?
Thankx to you for ya help.

Re: wind reading???

Reading books is an excellent thing to do, between matches. There will be no substitute for actually shooting in a competition and dealing with the conditions. There is more to this than just wind reading. And remember, flags lie.

Believe the Bullet...
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Believe the Bullet...
smile.gif
</div></div>The first bullet tells you the quality of your guess; the second bullet tells others how well you were paying attention.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The first bullet tells you the quality of your guess; the second bullet tells others how well you were paying attention.</div></div>

Excellent!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Believe the Bullet...
smile.gif
</div></div>

You have no choice.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sig685</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Believe the Bullet...
smile.gif
</div></div>

You have no choice.
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Many people don't and will do the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Many people don't and will do the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome.</div></div>

Which is a handy operational definition of insanity.
laugh.gif