• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Wind Zero system

CoryT

Gunsite Rangemaster
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 5, 2004
    Paulden, AZ
    www.gunsite.com
    We had the chance to get the Wind Zero system setup for the last PR7 class here at Gunsite. If you have not yet seen this, jump over to Wind Zero and have a look. This is going to make a huge difference in training clients is the fine art of reading wind. We placed sensors out at 300 and 600, had students focus at each range and read mirage, then compare that to the ACTUAL wind value. No more guessing, then having another student hold 'something' and shoot. Now you have a precision instrument giving you the actual wind value and direction, not tainted by the hold your shooter may or may not be using. This is an unmatched training tool.

As soon as the weather cooperates with my schedule, I'm going to make some videos of the mirage at range, along with the actual values. I plan to use those in class, and we will publicly post some to show the system in action. I expect this to make a big difference in the XLR class, where we can put three sensors on on the target line for all three ShotMarker targets to make calibration easier than ever.

I'm having talks with Doug about having the data from the receiver stream via USB and/or BT directly into the wind zones in Field Firing Solutions, thereby producing instant accurate wind solutions at distance. The military project is coming closer to reality, so we are actively working on the port of FFS to Android right now.

We had the chance to get the Wind Zero system setup for the last PR7 class here at Gunsite. If you have not yet seen this, jump over to Wind Zero and have a look. This is going to make a huge difference in training clients is the fine art of reading wind. We placed sensors out at 300 and 600, had students focus at each range and read mirage, then compare that to the ACTUAL wind value. No more guessing, then having another student hold 'something' and shoot. Now you have a precision instrument giving you the actual wind value and direction, not tainted by the hold your shooter may or may not be using. This is an unmatched training tool.

As soon as the weather cooperates with my schedule, I'm going to make some videos of the mirage at range, along with the actual values. I plan to use those in class, and we will publicly post some to show the system in action. I expect this to make a big difference in the XLR class, where we can put three sensors on on the target line for all three ShotMarker targets to make calibration easier than ever.

I'm having talks with Doug about having the data from the receiver stream via USB and/or BT directly into the wind zones in Field Firing Solutions, thereby producing instant accurate wind solutions at distance. The military project is coming closer to reality, so we are actively working on the port of FFS to Android right now.
    Where are we with iOS and FFS.

I don’t think iOS is going to happen anytime soon. The lack of rugged systems and not having serial com port support is an issue. The driving force at the moment is military.

I don’t think iOS is going to happen anytime soon. The lack of rugged systems and not having serial com port support is an issue. The driving force at the moment is military.
    So your saying I have to buy an an android. Damn you. Damn you.

Sorry. Good news is the Nautiz X81 will be the development host, temp and pressure sensors built in, GPS and sunlight readable screen. Super nice system, I’m still using the X8 for WEH.

Reactions: LastShot300
    Sorry. Good news is the Nautiz X81 will be the development host, temp and pressure sensors built in, GPS and sunlight readable screen. Super nice system, I’m still using the X8 for WEH.
    I wish there was a way to delete windows mobile off the nomad and install android. Would sure save a healthy chunk of change.

Actually you can run Android 4.2.2 on the X8. I’m still not sure what the ultimate bottom version will be, depends on requirements for the UI, which are not yet final. There is hope though

Reactions: LastShot300