• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Windage issues on new BMR

Locod1

Private
Minuteman
Jan 30, 2023
SC
Hello! New here, I apologize if this isn't where this post belongs. I've searched this and other forums for insight into this problem with no luck.
Honestly I am no expert on firearms or the art of precision shooting, just watch a couple you tube videos. To make matters worst I'm a Die Maker that "thinks" he know everything (shocking right?)

I recently bought a bergara bmr 22lr. I was looking to start messing with precision shooting. I bought a Arken scope and rings mounted and when I sighted in I ran out of right windage. With the windage maxed out my point of impact is still 6" to the left.

I've got quite a few theories of why it would be so far off but I can't make sense of them. What has me confused is my point of impact doesn't change left to right from 25yrd to 100yrd? I would assume that if it was a bent barrel or the rail mount was not tapped parallel with the receiver bore that it would move more left the farther out the target is.
I'm mainly trying to decide whether to send the rifle back to Bergara to see if it's something they would correct or do I make or alter the rail to correct the issue. I don't want bergara to alter the rifle much because it shoots really well. I get consistent .400" groups at 50yd. I know this is something that I just don't have the experience to understand. Thank you in advance for your help!

Well, this is some months later but take the scope off and put a straight edge on the scope rail it should be parallel to the barrel. If it is,your scope could be defective,
, remount it on the rifle , turn the windage all the way to the left( or right) then count your clicks all the way to the opposite side then click half that number back,that should put you near center target at close range(25 yds) if not and your rail checks out with a straight edge and your scope was not maybe accidently mounted off the rail at one ring( you might discover this when removing it) then I would suspect your scope,sometimes even with good scopes it happens.Another test is shoot a round then go ten clicks up,ten clicks right,ten clicks down,and ten clicks left,you shold put the next shot near your first. Sometimes you ca actually see a crooked scope by eyeballing it from above the rifle.
Well it’s been a few months you probably figured it out but maybe this will help somebody!