• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Windham Weaponry future parts support question

MAHLMAN

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
I have a Windham Weaponry model R18FSFSM-308. Obviously with them going out of business parts support becomes an issue. My question is what parts if any are unique to Windham that would prevent using common AR parts if something breaks on down the road? It is a nice gun and I hate to think of getting rid of this if parts will be a problem on down the road. I read comments regarding this and the authors always seem to leave it at some parts are unique and never say exactly what. Keep it or sell it is another question.

Shooting from the hip... I am not familiar with the Windham LFAR...

I would buy a few assm. uppers ( no barrel ) , in case you wanted to expand your versatility on your existing lower. ( since not every upper could interchange )
And a few Windham LPK's , same reason, no MilSpec guideline for LFAR's.

I don't think that there is anything particularly unique about the Windham 308, just the standard DPMS LR-308 parts. You can run into variations of specific components, like bolt catches, but that isn't typically a big issue.
If you're looking for a parts cross compatibility chart, this one shows the AR-15, Gen1 (same as the Windham), and the GII. There are some caveats with this chart.

FWB52poh.jpg

Reactions: DIBBS