• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Windham Weaponry Shutting Down

Back in the 90's shooting NRA matches used a Bushmaster, didn't have enough money for a Colt back then. That rifle served me well, when Windham opened purchased couple of there 16" rifles and they have been solid performers. Wonder if Aero would relocate, know they just did a major facility overhaul but being in hostile territory and all this could be a good fit for everyone.

Talked about this with my brother yesterday.

Too bad Aero Precision didn't want to leave Washington 🤷‍♂️

If it becomes a walk through auction, I will be attending. Machines/tooling would be plentiful.

It's the end of a legacy for that plant. Total shame.

As a Mainer, I feel bad for not buying more of their stuff.

But my main issue was always that they did not offer a rifle or upper in the config I would want or the wrong twist etc. They didn't have a proper niche for their pricing tier. I feel bad for the guys who will lose their job over the closure.

One of my favorite rifle companies and I have two of their products. The Dissipator M4 A3 in 5.56 NATO. And the R16SFST-308 in 7.62 NATO (AR-10 style.)

Awesome guns with durable barrels.

I was tempted when looking at straight walls to get their 450 Thumper in .450 Bush Master.

Auction 23-111
SECURED PARTY SALE BY PUBLIC SEALED BID 23-111
GENERAL INTANGIBLES OF WINDHAM WEAPONRY

SEALED BID DEADLINE: MONDAY,OCTOBER 16, 2023 at 11AM
SEALED BIDS WILL BE OPENED AFTER 1PM AT KEENAN AUCTION COMPANY, 2063 CONGRESS ST., PORTLAND, ME.

THE WINDHAM WEAPONRY STORY

A team of the finest firearms manufacturers in the U.S.A. has been re-assembled to bring to market the highest quality AR type rifle possible. These good Maine folks – most of whom are former employees of Bushmaster Firearms – offer many years of experience in the industry, and all look forward to working with you, to serving your needs, and to building you a great rifle.

When the people who bought Bushmaster in 2006 decided to move it “lock, stock and barrel” out of Maine to New York in 2011, the original Bushmaster owner, Mr. Richard Dyke was left with both a dilemma and an opportunity. Almost to the day of the 2011 move, Mr. Dyke’s non-compete clause expired. He still owned the property where Bushmaster had been built, and knew all the workers – now laid off – who had helped him build it. He made a decision to “get back in the game” and promptly put an email out to many of his former employees and friends asking if there was interest in joining him for a new project.

With a resounding “yes” of support, he gathered the financing in two days, and started bringing people back into their long-time Windham manufacturing home. Phoenix-like, Windham Weaponry was on the rise. Within three months, the first productions models of the new Windham Weaponry line had been perfected and delivered. Quality, fit, finish, durability, accuracy and value were all superb – giving credence to Windham Weaponry’s motto “The Quality Goes In, Before The Rifle Goes Out”.

The firearms industry and consumers welcomed this new effort warmly, old friends and contacts were re-established, and sales grew. In less than a year and a half, Windham Weaponry had brought back almost 70 employees, benchmarked impressive sales numbers, and established their name as one of the pre-eminent firearms manufacturers in the country.

The press heralded it as “truly an American success story”, and all due to the vision of its founder. Further growth for Windham Weaponry has already been planned and implemented.

“The Quality Goes In, Before The Rifle Goes Out”.

GENERAL INTANGIBLES OFFERING:

COMPANY NAME: WINDHAM WEAPONRY The name which has established an outstanding reputation for the highest quality.

COMPANY LOGO

WEB-SITE & DOMAIN NAME: WINDHAMWEAPONRY.COM

WINDHAM WEAPONRY SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS:
Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Vimeo & Pinterest.

CUSTOMER LIST: An extensive database of emails for retail customers, 54,000+/- opt-in emails.

GOODWILL

TELEPHONE NUMBERS: 855-808-1888, 207-893-2223 & 207-893-1634 (fax)

ASSIGNMENT OF REAL ESTATE LEASE: Buyer may elect to receive an assignment of the current real estate lease at the time of closing. Interested Buyers will need to notify Seller prior to closing of their intentions.

VIEW & DOWNLOAD SEALED BID PACKAGE: VIEW PACKAGE

ADDITIONAL ASSETS BEING SOLD BY TIMED ONLINE AUCTION:
MANUFACTURING EQUIPMENT:
CLICK HERE TO VIEW ONLINE EQUIPMENT AUCTION.
FIREARM INVENTORY AND PARTS INVENTORY:
COMING SOON!

SEALED BID TERMS & CONDITIONS:
Sealed Bid Deadline: Monday, October 16, 2023 at 11AM. Bids may be mailed or hand delivered to: Keenan Auction Company, 2063 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04102. Each bid must be accompanied with a deposit of 10% of the bid amount, made payable to the Keenan Auction Company. The accepted bid will be due and payable 30 days from the Sealed Bid Deadline in Cash or Certified US Funds, made payable to the Keenan Auction Company. All bids are subject to confirmation of the seller. Deposits for unaccepted bids will be returned via U.S. Mail on Wednesday, October 18, 2023.

Bidder acknowledges that the assets are being sold on an “as-is, where-is” basis and that no guarantees are being made as to the genuineness, authenticity of, or defects in the general intangibles, and that the auctioneer and seller are not responsible for discrepancies or inaccuracies. Bidder acknowledges that bidder has had the opportunity to review the sealed bid offering and that it is being offered on and “as-is, where-is” basis.

In the event the Purchaser fails to pay the whole of the purchase price within the time set forth by the Seller, and/or fails to comply with any of these Terms and Conditions of Sale, the Seller may retain the deposit specified, and in addition thereto, the item can be resold at public or private sale without further notice. Any deficiency resulting from such resale shall be paid to the Seller by such defaulting purchaser. Purchaser agrees to pay any and all charges and expenses incurred by reason of any breach of the Terms and Conditions of Sale, including without limitation reasonable attorney's fees.

PLEASE NOTE: You have entered into a binding contract agreeing to the Terms and Conditions of Sale, and understand that any bid you make falls under the Maine Auction Law, Title II, Section 2-328 of the Uniform Commercial Code, and the Statute of Frauds. Maine auctions are under the jurisdiction of the State of Maine Department of Professional and Financial Regulations, Board of Licensure of Auctioneers, 35 State House Station, Augusta, Maine 04330. If you do not agree with the Terms and Conditions of the Sale, please do not bid. If you should have any questions, please contact our office at (207) 885-5100.
Back to Equipment auction listing.​
NAA

National
Auctioneers
Association​

MAA

Maine
Auctioneers
Association​
Copyright © 2001-2020 Keenan Auction Company
site design by DragonflyProductions.com
trans.gif

There are 3 auctions. I had posted that elsewhere; I thought in this thread 🤦‍♂️

Anyway: Welcome to Maine then! I'll have my resume ready when you arrive 😉🤣
I wish I could be there and had the financing. As I pointed out earlier, two of my finest and most accurate rifles are WW products.