• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Windham Weaponry?

BobC

Private
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2010
Maine
I have decided I need an AR15. I was looking at a Windham Weaponry rifle. I like the idea of them being made here in Maine. I was wondering what the general consensus was on the company, their products and their service.
Thanks for your time.

Re: Windham Weaponry?

When bushmaster got bought out a core group of armors and engineers decided to stay in Maine, and start their own company. Do some research, this is bushmaster know-how but with an eye to detail and quality control a smaller company can provide.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StoopidSlow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When bushmaster got bought out a core group of armors and engineers decided to stay in Maine, and start their own company. Do some research, this is bushmaster know-how but with an eye to detail and quality control a smaller company can provide. </div></div>

Bushmaster know how maybe, but I didn't see any greater QC or attention to detail. I was unimpressed with the one I handled. Granted it was one, but what I saw combined with the Bushmaster pedigree did not drive me to pursue further.

I think there are better options for the same or slightly more money.

I knew about the Bushmaster connection. Windham Weaponry is not Bushmaster.
I handled several AR15s over the last few months and the Windham rifles seemed outwardly to be of better fit and finish than most. I was wondering more about function of the their rifles from some one who has owned one as appearance alone doesn't tell much. Also how the company might be if warranty work is needed. With a life time warranty this might come into play.

Came across this recently and am wondering the same.

co worker bought one (m4).
it is nicer finish than a bushmaster. we just zeroed it and shot a couple mags for function, no problems or defects

I can't say anything about their company or service, but if you're looking at their 16" carbines, the 1/9 twist barrels without the preferred HP/MP testing noted would be enough for me to look elsewhere. (I also personally prefer midlength gas systems on 16" barrels, but I know that wasn't your question.)

You could always see if they would sell you a stripped/complete lower if you wanted the ME lower and local support and get an upper elsewhere.

Windham was started by Bushmasters previous owner after the 5 year non-compete clause expired. They seem to get mixed reviews across the web, if you are looking for a run of the mill AR, this is one of them. I do think there's a few better products out there for the same price, by the way, I heard Walmart is selling their products.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0PVEitTfxm0&list=UUZ-qxagOkAmCEP-Tu6YliUQ&index=5&feature=plcp"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0PVEitTfxm0&list=UUZ-qxagOkAmCEP-Tu6YliUQ&index=5&feature=plcp" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

My NY compliant Windham weaponry AR15 … is this stock just ugly and pitiful or what

Attachments

• IMG_1005.JPG
    IMG_1005.JPG
    433.4 KB · Views: 43
My Father in Law is a big Windham Weaponry fan. I think it's odd that they don't use standard height A2 sight blocks... His AR has some sort of polymer receivers, which I'm not a fan of.

I’ve tried just one plain m4 one. It was awesome. Good build quality and very accurate. Sub 1” 5 shot groups at 50 yds with ball