• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Windmill Farms

I snicker at the idea that people think the wind turbine is more efficient than a generator. Really, look at what it took to make parts. The most efficient forms of energy harvesting are the ones most affordable.

How many can afford a natural gas bill? Most people, including "poor" people. How many can afford turbines or solar panels? And those simply do not bring the horsepower that natural gas and oil do. It's the same reason people went to IC engines and left horse-drawn carriages and plows behind. Horses are "green," right? But which is more efficient for the time and energy involved? We aren't we still using horses? Why don't ships like the Elisa at the Port of Galveston still run cotton?

The reason we can be cheap chinese or japanese stuff is because of ships that run on fossil fuel, not with sails and "wind energy."

If they were a "good" idea investors would have invested instead of taxpayers. Personally I hate them. Several friends went to work for windmill farms and I can only think of 1 that still does.

I've noticed more and more leaking oil this summer.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-06 at 11.41.09 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-06 at 11.41.09 AM.png
    2 MB · Views: 22
If they were a "good" idea investors would have invested instead of taxpayers. Personally I hate them. Several friends went to work for windmill farms and I can only think of 1 that still does.

I've noticed more and more leaking oil this summer.
Exactly.

pretty wealthy guy i know set up his home with a wind turbine to help offset his house out in the country. he knew it wasnt going to be the best investment and he said the ROI break even point was 30 years.
And what is the life span of it, what do you need to spend to keep it happy. UV is not nice to all things. I have a feeling it will not pay for itself.....ever.

Now if you want to play with it for the fun of it, and learn something new knock yourself out. But don't spend my money on your agenda.

The guy that said if they worked the bill gates would be pouring money into them.

Wind farms and Solar farms; because it's hard to permit/build electrical generating facilities on agricultural lands.

Thank you,
MrSmith

Wind farms and Solar farms; because it's hard to permit/build electrical generating facilities on agricultural lands.

Thank you,
MrSmith

no its not hard. in cities where zoning is present, if a piece of land is zoned ag, their code usually ALLOWS a public utility to be built on that land without rezoning.

Reactions: MrSmith