• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Window Phone Users, Coldbore is available

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Well, after a long journey ColdBore 1.0 Phone edition is now available on the Windows Phone marketplace

ColdBore 1.0 | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Some countries will have to wait until MS updates their corresponding sites, but he program was certified to be available in about 185 countries.

I’ve attached an assortment of screenshots in case you want to show them to others or just post them on SH (you are the first out there to get this news)

It features almost the same feature set of the Desktop edition, plus some not found there, like GPS, Mapping, Weather RSS and SkyDrive service to upload/download user’s data. Only feature not present for now, is the Kestrel feed.

All the usual modules are there

1) Analyzer
    2) Ballistics
    3) Conversions
    4) Library
    5) Logs
    6) GPS / Targets (with great new features)
    8) Weather / Sun / Moon

Of course, this allows for syncing together the PC with the Phone.

It’s amazingly fast due to a new parallel algorithm and can work with any screen resolution of the available phones.

The program is absolutely free, but still requires registration in order to unlock data saving and data download. Except for these, the rest is 100% functional.

Why? Because all current users of ColdBore 1.0 Desktop edition are the only ones who will be granted a license, since the rationale behind the Phone edition was to make it a “community edition”. In no way a license will be charged, since the package is 100% for free a point worth to stress.

In short, if you want to license the Phone edition, first become a Desktop edition registered user if not already.

Please let me know if you have any questions. As usual, please feel free to post this or even viralize J

Cheers,

Gus

CB1_Phone_Analyzer_Atmosphere_Turret_Truing_MOA_resize.jpgCB1_Phone_Analyzer_Hub_resize.jpgCB1_Phone_Ballistics_Solution_1_resize.jpgCB1_Phone_Ballistics_Tools_True_Zero_resize.jpgCB1_Phone_Library_Cartridges_Specs_1_resize.jpg

There are ton more images of the screens and what is available as I save them I will upload them.

First thing to do tomorrow morning...buy a Windows Phone! :)

Awesome news!

Who uses a windows based phone? Looks really nice, wish there was an android version.

Wow, Finally something that windows phone advantages over. Can anyone fill me in on how I "Need" this program before I drop 85 dollars on an app? It looks good I'll give you that but as a new shooter will it be good for me? One more thing I notice that the screen shots on the torrent truing are in MOA do they also have the Mrads?

If anyone needs a link to the website and to lazy to Google it.
    Patagonia Ballistics - Download and Ckeckout

Last edited:
    Wow, Finally something that windows phone advantages over. Can anyone fill me in on how I "Need" this program before I drop 85 dollars on an app? It looks good I'll give you that but as a new shooter will it be good for me? One more thing I notice that the screen shots on the torrent truing are in MOA do they also have the Mrads?

If anyone needs a link to the website and to lazy to Google it.
    Patagonia Ballistics - Download and Ckeckout

In terms of "need" I cannot say what you do or do not need. But I can tell you that as far a Ballistic SW goes, this isn't your typical phone "app". I have the mobile or PDA version of this SW and IMO, if you're shooting beyond 1000m's the phone apps can't hold a candle to this (or FFS). As far as features go, this is one area where another difference is apparent. CB is designed with a lot of user inputs and fields to be filled in, in order to provide an accurate firing solution. Frankly, it is confusing and a bit of a learning process to initially set up, the learning curve is steeper than your average phone "app". And the instructions, while helpful in explaining the different modules and tabs, don't really walk you through setting up your software for the first time. Once you get used to the way it's laid out and figure out how to enter a gun and all its info and calculate a firing solution, it is a bit easier to navigate.

I put all the other apps on the high school level and this one on the PhD level as far as what it is capable of doing and the info it can give you but it also expects you to know a lot of info as well , expect a learning curve and some frustration in the beginning, IMO, but rest assured once you're familiar with it and the layout, it's not a big deal.

Hi papa zero three

I completely concur that this is a different animal to your run of the mill ballistic solvers. However the new interface on the phone is a huge improvement over the pda version as far as speed and usability. Now if I can just get the PDA battery life and robustness in a phone then I would be happy :)

The phone version also has some superb new mapping and targeting features ideal for the long range shooter.

Topically however, we hear about truing all the time. To me this is, in most applications, merely fudging of the BC or Velocity to meet a coincidental POA/POI at a given range. This does not give a good curve or solution for all ranges and Coldbore has a far better algorithm for creating the correct initial solution than other packages. In addition CB also has an option to adjust a Drag Coefficient to alter the final curve shape for a perfect match, this when combined with good data regression on the velocity shift due to temp as well as handling all other factors affecting the curve in the correct manner results in what I believe to be a superb solution.

Have been using ColdBore Phone edition for almost two weeks now, and all my expectations have been surpassed. The new layout is great, the operation flows very smoothly and the speed…it simply goes at warp speed. Sync with the Desktop version took less than 20 seconds using the Cloud. Robust, packed with features, superb accuracy of the fire solution. Summing up for now, I’m extremely happy and according to my experience, no other app doesn’t comes close. Check out the GPS and Mapping functions...simply WOW.