• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Windows 7 ballistic Calculator

mwroseberry

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2009
urbana, ohio
Gentlemen,

I've been all through the sniper hide search and the google sniper hide search with no results. I just upgraded my phone to a new HTC that has Windows 7. Does anyone have some links to ballistic calc apps that will work with this OS? I've been searching for a couple hours now now no good results. If you have screen shots of the program that would be a HUGE plus. Also being free would be nice but if I have to pay a few bucks and it works much better than it's worth it.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Merritt

Re: Windows 7 ballistic Calculator

This is not giving me a warm fuzzy if there are no Ballistic apps for the windows 7 mobile platform.... Someone please chime in with atleast one.

Or maybe I can perswade brian litz to make me one :-D..

MW, I'm in the same situation...
I used to use Strelok on my Symbian OS6 Nokia & love it!!!
I've since upgraded to a BB 8900 Tourtch & no propper ballistic app avalable... I resorted to charging up my old Nokia & store it in my rifle bag...
BTW if there's a nice BB app out there, plz PM me!!!

rgds

R-Raven

Roseberry. . .

I hope that Windows 7 is better than the Win 6.2 I had in my HTC touch-pro 2. That phone was the biggest piece of crap I ever did own!!! Well, 6.2(or was it 6.1?) was the limiting factor in the phone. IF my HTC would've had a BB O/S, it would've been sweet! I was also unsuccesful in locating any kind of ballistics app for it, which surprised me!

As for the Blackberry, which I have a BOLD now, i found one for free, Ballistics v2.0.1 by MES Enterprises. They also have one that costs, I think it was $5?? It is *NOT* fast to say the least!!

I haven't played an awful lot with these programs, but my thought is I'll find a used 8GB i-touch that will be dediated to the function of mobile ballistics. I mean seriously, once we have a couple $k in a rifle, another $k or two in optics, few hundred in a gear bag, more $ in other misc, plus reloading components . . . all of a sudden in perspective $150 for a decent used i-touch is a drop in the bucket. BUT. . . I do not know which program to get for it either!

-G45

Shout out to Brian Litz and the rest of those with the background and know how and writing this program. Call me crazy but I think those that have the windows 7 OS would be willing to pay for this app. I know I would.

A thank you in advance is in order to anyone that gets a good working app.

Thank you,
Merritt

IMHO and in my experience: on iTouch nothing beats Bullet Flight. Ballistic FTE is pretty good and has tons of features. People say Strelok is also fine.

If you get an iTouch - there are tons more applications available for it, besides at least two excellent top-of-the-line ballistic calculators.

Over a year later and still not much out there

There is an app for Windows 7 phones. It is called Ballistica.
It can be found in the Marketplace under sports apps.
Hope it helps. And if any of you have any suggestion the creator of the app would love to have your input .

Got ballistica, haven't tried it put yet but will. Should be a le to get out at least once on next couple weeks

I've been using Ballistica since early February. So far its been dead on for both .22lr to 200 yards and .308 to 860 yards.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/search?q=ballistica

I've got 7 different ammo/rifle combos set up in my saved profiles. Sure makes it easy to dial in precise information. Some entries are still manual such as weather info but the program is relatively new and I expect improvements will be made over time. The programmer is very receptive to improvement suggestions.

I bit the apple... Haven't been the same since.