• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Windrunner barrel shroud and forward bipod

GUNENTHUSIAST

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2010
SE PA
Who is using the RND manufacturing barrel shroud and bipod on their edm arms windrunner? Has is hurt your accuracy, helped it, or made no difference? I want to order it, but am concerned the accuracy is negatively affected by the shroud/ barrel nut.

Re: Windrunner barrel shroud and forward bipod

For me it improved accuracy because it made for a much more stable platform. That said, I can see how mounting it to the barrel nut and not directly to the receiver could potentially stress it in a negative way. That's why the handle that locks into the receiver was added as further rigidity support.

Mine worked excellent. Way more stable than the original bipod system. You wont be disappointing.Lloyd's machining is superb.

You won't be dissapointed. Mine works awesome. Accuracy wise it didn't do much. What really helped with the accuracy is I threw away the flimsy extendable butt stock rods and made two solid ones in their place that are rigid.

I have it and love it. It creates a more stable platform to shoot from so accuracy is improved in my opinion. Lloyd is very good at what he does. Just got my handle and getting ready to drill and tap my handguard.

Thanks guys! That's what I was hoping to hear. What bipod did you get from rnd? They have so many.

I have the Rnd 200 on a rig right now and it is beyond beefy and works great.
IMG_0783.jpg

I had him make a different tube later that had the index collar.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dylanss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You won't be dissapointed. Mine works awesome. Accuracy wise it didn't do much. What really helped with the accuracy is I threw away the flimsy extendable butt stock rods and made two solid ones in their place that are rigid. </div></div>

Do you mind my asking what material you used to make the rods on the buttstock? Not meaning to hijack, I can also pm you if you like.

100_1091.jpg

Gunenthusaist You can see the nut where the tube joins. You can loosen it to rotate the tube so your bipod or night vision is in line.

Another unit to look at is the one from Elite Iron, IMO its a much better unit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tahoe Shark</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dylanss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You won't be dissapointed. Mine works awesome. Accuracy wise it didn't do much. What really helped with the accuracy is I threw away the flimsy extendable butt stock rods and made two solid ones in their place that are rigid. </div></div>

Do you mind my asking what material you used to make the rods on the buttstock? Not meaning to hijack, I can also pm you if you like.</div></div>

I made mine out of 4140 steel. Pretty much any steel will work.

Well I ordered and am paciently waiting for my rnd shroud, bipod, and carry handle. Can't wait to get this thing out and shoot!