• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Winkler Knives II

sr15match

Lost........
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2008
Wellsville, NY
What's you're experience with a Winkler blade??

I finally broke down and bought my first Winkler. After reading as much as I could, checking out the few videos that are online, doing a bit of shopping around and sole searching deciding one model I settled on the SAR. At first I was thinking Winklers Utility or the BK exclusive Bushcraft model. The Bushcraft would have been great for an EDC because of it's size but I decided to go a bit bigger for a little heavier woods duty use. This left the Utility and the SAR. They are very similar with just slight differences so it was a toss up for me. I came across an SAR for a good price and snatched it up. Now I need to get my hands on this thing and start using it!! Until then it's in the hands of my wife :(

WinklerKnivesII_2a_zpsa6725fed.jpg

WinklerKnivesII_7a_zps5928d484.jpg

WinklerKnivesII_13a_zpsb8d79ea7.jpg

WinklerKnivesII_22a_zpsebac4efc.jpg

I myself have come to the conclusion of wanting the 1 of the 2 models you came down too myself. Please let us know what you think about the spine and the glass breaking spike on the rear of the handle. Thank You.

I myself have come to the conclusion of wanting the 1 of the 2 models you came down too myself. Please let us know what you think about the spine and the glass breaking spike on the rear of the handle. Thank You.

Exactly, it's a total toss up for most of us especially if the glass breaker doesn't matter. Besides that the only real difference is the serrated edge faces a to the opposite side, a slight handle difference and the blade material. The SAR is 154 CPM and the Utility is 5160 (I think). For me it came down to finding the right deal as the retail price is within $15. I gave $375 shipped so it was a no brainer :)

Where did you buy it? I have been looking for a better price and can only seem to find $450 and up!

Over on BladeForums, I've been watching everyday for a bit and when it popped up I snagged it. I got pretty lucky I think. If something comes up and it's a fair deal it sells pretty quick. Otherwise retailers prices are all the same, no deals to be had.