• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

winter break and state attitudes...

myronman3

deez nuts
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2017
Ft. Benning School for Wayward Boys
i’m looking at taking a break with my kid before he ships out. i’d like to hit a beach somewhere for a week. looking at either NC, alabama, or maybe virginia. what’s the state attitudes toward the covid bullshit in those AO’s?

was originally thinking of southern colorado....but i dont know a fucking thing about it. just looking for someplace warm and fun for a 17 year old for 3/4 of a week.

on site reports appreciated.

Well, there's no beach in southern colorado...🤣

edit2: Even Co plateau area in southern UT norther AZ is freezing at night until mid march

Last edited:
Virginia is pretty much open but this time of year its not warm and fuzzy.

Here's a thought. If you go to W. Palm Beach you can book a flight to Cartagena Colombia (Colombia is open to travel now), a 2 hour flight, round trip for about $225 per person. Rooms are cheap, great warm sunny beaches, and a lot of English speakers. What youll save on rooms will pay for the flight.

Weather: 86°F (30°C), Wind NE at 2 mph (3 km/h), 69% Humidity

Cartagena 2021: Best of Cartagena, Colombia Tourism ...

www.tripadvisor.com › ... › Cartagena District

Cartagena, a gorgeous fishing village on Colombia'sCaribbean coast, has excellent beaches, a historic old town (that's entirely walkable) and beautiful colonial ...
Cartagena Photos · ‎Cartagena Travel Guide · ‎Cartagena Bed and Breakfast · ‎Hotels

1611414791316.png

Last edited:
Virginia is pretty much open but this time of year its not warm and fuzzy.

Here's a thought. If you go to W. Palm Beach you can book a flight to Cartagena Colombia (Colombia is open to travel now), a 2 hour flight, round trip for about $225 per person. Rooms are cheap, great warm sunny beaches, and a lot of English speakers. What youll save on rooms will pay for the flight.

Cartagena 2021: Best of Cartagena, Colombia Tourism ...

www.tripadvisor.com › ... › Cartagena District

Cartagena, a gorgeous fishing village on Colombia'sCaribbean coast, has excellent beaches, a historic old town (that's entirely walkable) and beautiful colonial ...
Cartagena Photos · ‎Cartagena Travel Guide · ‎Cartagena Bed and Breakfast · ‎Hotels
my monkey ass aint leaving the states.

Take a trip to Florida. Wamr weather, warm water, and the state is open. Only issue would be the flight down. But if you can drive, then that's the perfect trip right now.

Reactions: Maggot
Maybe the Texas gulf coast? That or Florida will get you the warmest. The keys would be cool too.

Alabama for the most part hasn't given much a fuck about covid in a while now, at least as far as most businesses are concerned. You will find some businesses still enforce a mask rule, many don't care what you do, restaurants are open, but the weather isn't really what I would call beach weather right now

Florida probably a better bet. I was at a FL beach back in August and it was open, restaurants were open, mask rule was random. Marco Island has weather in the 70's this time of year (if you want to be on the gulf side)

Florida, Destin or panama city. Great beaches and bars, food.

Florida, Destin or panama city. Great beaches and bars, food.
Those are nice areas but you need to go further south to find the warmer weather. Id try the Gulf Coast side of the state, Miami/Ft. Lauderdale is a fucking crowded, traffic congested, headache, and very expensive this time of year.

You could fly to Miami then rent a car and drive through the keys to Key West. That’ll give you a few days to sightsee and party. And there are tons of cool little dive bars and small restaurants along the way

I spent a couple of years in Ft Myers about a decade ago and drove to Key West with a cousin on her spring break one weekend. The drive this time of year will be great. A little heat in the afternoon, cool nights, relatively low humidity. And most importantly, not a lot of rain

If you are not into big crowds, the NC Carolina/Kure Beach areas are nice. Fort Fisher has an aquarium and civil war museum, we went once where they were shooting the canons, very cool. You can drive out on the beach for surf fishing there also.

Reactions: myronman3
Alabama for the most part hasn't given much a fuck about covid in a while now, at least as far as most businesses are concerned. You will find some businesses still enforce a mask rule, many don't care what you do, restaurants are open, but the weather isn't really what I would call beach weather right now

Florida probably a better bet. I was at a FL beach back in August and it was open, restaurants were open, mask rule was random. Marco Island has weather in the 70's this time of year (if you want to be on the gulf side)
Orange Beach AL, what Kenny said but weather going to be nice this coming week. Mid 70’s

Or embrace some unusually warm (above freezing) Alaska! The beaches are wide open!
Why swim at the beach when you can go ice fishing from the comfort of a rental car driver seat! Anyone can go get a coyote but we’re else could you go hunt a whole pack of wolfs?

• Haha
Reactions: SilentStalkr
Well, there's no beach in southern colorado...🤣

What timeframe are you talking? right now mid winter? edit: above poster beat me too it!

edit2: Even Co plateau area in southern UT norther AZ is freezing at night until mid march
Destin or santa Rosa beach FL.

Doc

If blue-hairs and snow birds are your thing, then South Padre is your ticket. Otherwise, wait for Spring Break.

Or embrace some unusually warm (above freezing) Alaska! The beaches are wide open!
Why swim at the beach when you can go ice fishing from the comfort of a rental car driver seat! Anyone can go get a coyote but we’re else could you go hunt a whole pack of wolfs?
i have all the hard water a fellow could want here. plenty of fucking wolves, too.
If blue-hairs and snow birds are your thing, then South Padre is your ticket. Otherwise, wait for Spring Break.
blue hairs? might be the best thing ever. find the right one with a huge bank account, and overpriced primers are a concern no more.

spring breakers....no fricken thanks. i dont need that bullshit.

i have all the hard water a fellow could want here. plenty of fucking wolves, too.

blue hairs? might be the best thing ever. find the right one with a huge bank account, and overpriced primers are a concern no more.

spring breakers....no fricken thanks. i dont need that bullshit.
Where you located? I vote Orange Beach, again. :) I need to check in with my buddy Brent tho to see how the latest flurry of hurricanes effected them but I’m sure it’s fine.

If you're looking for relaxing, not a bunch of crowds, orange beach. Even less crowds, jeckle island.

Take a trip to Florida. Wamr weather, warm water, and the state is open. Only issue would be the flight down. But if you can drive, then that's the perfect trip right now.
Was in the Keys in November. Bull is right in his observations. Stayed primarily in Key Largo and Marathon. Didn't see much in the way of mask naziis, other than in the airports. Drove to Key West one day, because the Wife wanted to. Not necessarily a ghost town, but they were hit pretty hard from the CV bullshit. Every third business on Duvall street was permanently boarded up. But, still lots of bars and restaurants open.

Once upon a time, in the early 80's we lived in Barranquilla. Weekends we'd go to Neguanje Beach in the Tayrona National Park. It was pretty much in back of beyond and I don't think we ever saw more than 7 or 8 on the whole damn beach, most of them would be with us.

Ive not been yet but heard that Cart. is a much nicer city than Barranquilla, which is more industrial. A friend recommended Santa Marta, smaller and more friendly than larger cities, but not much in the way of air connections.

Speaking of sunny beaches...

Did you hear the one about the Mexican guy who got hit by a car and died. When the cops asked a witness where they thought he was going one guy spoke up and said "Not sure but I think it was Florida because he kept saying "Sonny Beaches, sonny beaches."

Know some peeps from your Three Lakes Area...you should noce South.
spent a lot of time in that part of the state...minoqua, arbor vita, antigo, rhinelander. i like it in the summer, but as the years go by, winter has worn me down. i used to LIVE for ice fishing and winter stuff. one might say that i’ve had my fill. a couple more years to go.