• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Wireless Electronic Caller for Yotes Suggestions?

medbill

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2003
www.america4rmarines.org
Hey Dudes,

Have a coyote hunt coming up and I am hearing from everyone that an electronic caller is really the way to get them coming in big time. We have some heavy snow in the forecast so things are looking good for a good hunt. Now I just need to order a caller REAL quick. Any suggestions, something easy to use, works well and won't cost as much as a Rem 700 SPS?

Thanks!

B

Re: Wireless Electronic Caller for Yotes Suggestions?

I'm like you...I just got my first electronic call and I like it. I went with the Foxpro Spitfire. Retail - $199.

It has a remote and numerous sounds. They all sound great and the unit is easy to use.

I recommend it as a first unit. I however like hand calls a little better. I always take both and use the hand calls most of the time.

Good luck in your search and kill lots of yotes!

-Mike

I've called them in by unintentionally while deer hunting using a fawn bleat but this time its all about them. Seems everyone is sold out of the Spitfires, the only one close to it in price is the Johnny Stewart - Prey Master PM4 with Remote Control for around 190 + shipping. I plan on bringing mouth calls as well. Thanks for the reply!

I know its late in the season to be after this stuff but life has kept me hoping lately.

yup... Foxpro is the only way to go !

of course I might be bias..
grin.gif

use it in conjuction with hand calls...

I may have to try the new Foxpro calls, I think Sendero Man has proven they work! HA!

I have been using the Burnham Bro's calls for the last 6 years or so. The Compu Caller II had some distance issues, but the Compucaller III (recommend this one only) is really really nice. Not sure I would switch???

I have tried a ton of different calls...
Foxpro's are great they allow lots of versatility. Sometimes your in an area that gets hunted a ton and its usually a good idea to throw something out they dont recognize. Shoot I called one in with the havalina in distress and we dont even have them out here.
BUT nothing is honestly better than callin em in with a hand call. Anyone can go sit down and press play. But the real yote hunters know what im talkin bout. If your knew then get a foxpro (furry) and do what everyone else does but real men hand call!