• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Wireless game cameras

pwc001

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2008
Shreveport louisiana
Anybody have a wireless game camera that will send pictures to your phone?

I have been looking at them online, but wanted to know if people are having good or bad luck with them. Hard to tell quality by looking at the websites.

It will be using the AT&T network if that matters.

Thanks for the info.

Re: Wireless game cameras

I had looked into them, but decided against it for a few reasons:

1.) you have to get cell coverage where you use them, most of the time I cannot.

2.) They are very expensive and there is additional cost of having the coverage plan.

3.) The one I was looking at doesn't send the pics directly to you it gives you a "log-on" to a website that the pics are sent to...which I may just be being paranoid but I don't like the idea of doing all of the legwork only to have my pictures be "sold" to guides etc...

I ended up going with the very cheapest versions that I could find, they take good pictures and if someone decides to steal one, I am out $35.00 instead of hundreds and even in some cases over a grand for some of the highest end units. My $.02

a buddy of mine has one and loves it. Pictures are good and we dont have to go check it. Hunting whitetails the less you are in an area the more they seem to like it. If you have the service in the area its good to go.

I've messed around with the DLC Covert cams the past two years, only downside is that there is that they require a lag between captures (you might not see a buck that is following a doe) because they take 1-3 minutes to send the pictures. Can't use the burst, video etc that other new cameras have. I you have a couple of cameras in an area it makes good sense to mix them up.

i can barely get cell service where i hunt..wireless networking is out of the question

several guys on our place have them and love em..

We were at camp once and he got a pic on his cell phone of some pigs at a feeder...
We jumped in the truck and made the run out near the area and stalked in and wacked a few...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ccoker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">several guys on our place have them and love em..

We were at camp once and he got a pic on his cell phone of some pigs at a feeder...
We jumped in the truck and made the run out near the area and stalked in and wacked a few...

</div></div>

This is exactly what I am going to use it for. Now I will know the right time, day or night, to kill some hogs around the house.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maelek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i can barely get cell service where i hunt..wireless networking is out of the question </div></div>

You must be in the Ball, Tioga area.