• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Wisconsin 2012

oneshot.onehit

Trigger Puller
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2010
USA
<span style="font-weight: bold">For Starters this spring</span> April 28th

338 Lapua Mag and under
Bring as many guns as you want to shoot for the cold bore event.

Cold Bore - $10.00 per gun per event. -- 100% pay back
Range targets 614 & 880 yards a 6” orange dot with a 1” black diamond – you are able to check the distance with your LRF.
No sight ins or warm ups the day of the shoot, Cold bore - one shot for one hit - per gun/person per target. The same gun may be allowed to be shot by multiple people, but an individual can only shoot it once per distance.

Head Hunter - $10.00 per shooter -- 100% pay back
Time pending after the 614 & 880 Cold Bore round, we may have a random draw 2 man team event involving the Head Hunter target – So bring plenty of ammo.

They have a elevated bench that you shoot from, I usually spin the seat up high and shoot off of my bipod versus the bags that will be available.

This event draws folks from all walks of life; safety rules are followed and for the most part a good group to BS with.

Food and refreshments available at the site

Folks start showing up around 10:00 am and it seems to wrap up around 4:30 or so.
Registration cut off for 614 Event 1:00 PM!

I think last time there were 43 shooters at the 600 and 29 shooters at the 880

The range is a few miles south of Marshfield off of Highway A in the township of Richfield – the R&R Ranch, (highway A to Richfield – at the town hall and bar turn to the west and go a mile or so the R&R Ranch is on the south side of road)

As stated earlier we will have a taste of the Thunder Valley Head hunter steel target which is a blast and possibly a grouper round at 880 when the 614 and 880 cold bore are done.

This has been the norm for quite a few years; we have a new ownership change at the shooting sports facility, and will be relocating the range on the property and extending it out to 1000 yards after the april shoot!

Hope to see a few Hide members

Re: Wisconsin 2012

All I can say is we have a good group of folks that get together and have fun shooting for fun of it with a nice chance to bring home a little cash. Not a major tournament or a bunch of door prizes, Yes you’re more then welcome to come and shoot

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: khall540</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there a date set yet?</div></div>

April 28th

I hope you can make the trip.

Last year we had a few Hide members come and shoot the cold bore

oneshot

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshot.onehit</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">For Starters this spring</span> April 28th

The range is a few miles south of Marshfield off of Highway A in the township of Richfield – the R&R Ranch, (highway A to Richfield – at the town hall and bar turn to the west and go a mile or so the R&R Ranch is on the south side of road)

</div></div>

Yes, the elevated shooting platform accommodates left or right handed shooters

Dont mean to change topic too much. But im wondering if anyone wants to get together to look at glass?

I have a few pieces I could bring. Leupold, S&B, Nightforce second focal, Leica.

Im interested in viewing a Bushnell HDMR and a SWFA SS 5-20 if anyone has them. Id like to compare them with mine.

Let me know if anyone is interested. I would meet halfway. I live in Wales, WI just outside of delafield.

We had a good group of shooters, a little wind to work with and a great day of shooting.

I hope all had a great time as well.

Thanks for coming

oneshot

Oneshot-

Good to meet you and thanks for having us out. We had a great time in the wind and learned a good amount- we will be back again!!

1z48j9c.jpg

The headhunter and hostage target were a great "bonus" of the day!

Nice picture thru the spotter. Headhunter & Hostage 614, Gong 732

I'm glad your crew could make it, you folks are more then welcome to come again and shoot.

oneshot

Oneshot- you will have to remind me again once the next cold bore date gets closer. Will have to have you up once we finish our new range later this summer too.

Late September early October where's it at in north central WI.

Looking forward to the events coming up again.

Where? The range by Marshfield? Am from Shawano, just getting started but would like to come and find out what I should be doing.

The range located in Marshfield is in the process of getting rebuilt and extended, this range normally has an event the last Saturday of April and September, so the Sept. shoot may be delayed but a range 30 min. north of Marshfield has a shoot in October. I will post firm dates and info as it develops

South of Marshfield 10 min. - R&R range was 614 and 880, it may be a 1000 and under range sometime soon.

North of Marshfield 30 min. - Riplinger’s Lonely Few club range runs from 100 to 600

South of Marshfield 10 min. – Fox Trackers club range out to 600

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are there any gun shows going on in Wisconsin in the near future? </div></div>

There is always a gun show going on somewhere. There is one in Jefferson this weekend.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I heard Eagle River is having a big gun show too. Not sure if its any good one over the other. I'm just visiting....my state only does gun shows from Oct.-Mar.

</div></div>

Jefferson is near the town of Eagle so you may be thinking of the same show I mentioned above.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eye tat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any one shoot at Mc Millers in se Wisconsin?. </div></div>

I shoot there occasionally.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunjunkie45</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I heard Eagle River is having a big gun show too. Not sure if its any good one over the other. I'm just visiting....my state only does gun shows from Oct.-Mar.

</div></div>

Jefferson is near the town of Eagle so you may be thinking of the same show I mentioned above. </div></div>

Let me guess...you were the 6ft guy...dark facial hair...black 82nd Airborne cap.

Am I right? </div></div>

Nope. I don't do the gun show thing. Seems to always be a bunch of mall ninjas selling their tacticooled up sks junk.

Any updates for the fall shoot? One of these days it will happen when I'm off the road!

Geno
last week I spoke with the folks from Riplinger, 30 minutes north of Marshfield. They are looking at having a one shot cold bore event possibly on the 20th. You should be able to shoot a few rifles at 600 yards in the tactical or F-class category. And a hunter category rifle at 500 yards.

We end up with a good group of long range Tactical folks.

I will confirm the 20th when I hear but that sounded like his plans. They also like to do one shot night shoots as well, just like shooting the day event but at
500 yards and shot after dark.

oneshot

That would work out pretty good for me then. I head home on Monday and have some equipment to work on and stuff to put away.

I'll be setting up our 1914 Parker Merry Go Round on Wednesday so we can take pictures for a museum. In Wautoma if anyone is interested in watching.

Just fyi: message me for details about SE WI fun. There's an emerging group of us who shoot together.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eye tat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any one shoot at Mc Millers in se Wisconsin?. </div></div>

MC miller is terrible.

I cant stand that place.

Any finalized word about the shoot on the 20th? I'm gonna try my best to make it with at least on gun. My wife is going in for new boobs on the 18th so I might have to stay with her.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshot.onehit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Geno
last week I spoke with the folks from Riplinger, 30 minutes north of Marshfield. They are looking at having a one shot cold bore event possibly on the 20th. You should be able to shoot a few rifles at 600 yards in the tactical or F-class category. And a hunter category rifle at 500 yards.

We end up with a good group of long range Tactical folks.

I will confirm the 20th when I hear but that sounded like his plans. They also like to do one shot night shoots as well, just like shooting the day event but at
500 yards and shot after dark.

oneshot </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold"> Lonely Few Shoot is Oct 20th</span>
Riplinger WI. at the Lonely Few club grounds

<span style="font-weight: bold"> 500 yards cold bore for traditional hunting guns</span>
<span style="font-weight: bold"> 600 yards cold bore for open and tactical guns </span>

2 gun limit per class per person

oneshot

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northern50</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Same rules as posted on page one? </div></div>

<span style="color: #000099">This is a different event held in our area by the folks at the Lonely Few Bikers club – nice range</span>
Lonely Few Shoot is Oct 20th
Riplinger WI. at the Lonely Few club grounds

500 yards cold bore for traditional hunting guns
600 yards cold bore for open and tactical guns
Note: max cal. allowed 338 Lapua Mag

2 gun limit per class, per person, allowing you to use two different guns per target

Cold Bore - $10.00 per gun per event.
Range targets use a 6” orange dot with a 1” black diamond – you are able to check the distance with your LRF.
No sight ins or warm ups the day of the shoot, Cold bore - one shot for one hit - per gun/person per target. The same gun may be allowed to be shot by multiple people, but an individual can only shoot it once per distance.

oneshot.onehit

Mc Millers is the only place I know of to shoot any type of long range. I for got to mention I shoot pistol.

Sounds good. I'll try to make it with one for each class. If my wife is able, then I'll be there!

So I could be driving 4 hrs to take three shots with three different guns?? I'm intrigued by this. You guys do any shooting after the match or everyone pack up and go home right away?? What's the payout for the top 3?

Im not a member at Rips or run the event there so I would be guessing on the payout. I know our R&R shoot is 100% payback that we run and I think Rips is probably the same. For what its worth I ended up with $100.00 for first in open/ tactical 2 years ago. The number of payouts be it 3, 5 or 10 places normally depends on attendance.

What time does the match start, and do you have an address to the club?

Registration starts at 11:00am shooting starts at noon.
Google Riplinger, WI. About 20 minutes northwest of Marshfield, WI.

look for highway 13 to K west to Q south this takes you to Riplinger. Then take Q just south of Riplinger to stop sign then left or east on gravel maybe a 1/2 mile, turn left and cross tracks at the curve intersection and turn right into driveway. When looking at the Google map you can see the range backstops at the Lonely Few bikers club.

Another great day of shooting.

The cold bore events as well as the tactical shoots are worth the trip to north central Wisconsin

oneshot.onehit

Me and a co-worker of mine will be at the Ripon range on Tues. Oct. 23, as long as the rain holds off and no hiccups come up in the work schedule. We will plan to arrive around 1:00PM are going to shoot out to 300yds. I have to get some dope for a new hunting round for my .308 and check the scope on my .270 before gun season. Co-worker is going to be bringing a few rifles to check as well.

This last spring at the River Ranch Shoot we held a 2 man team tactical round with steel and hostage targets ranging out to 709 yards after the coldbore 614/880 yard event was done, this was a great time and everyone had a blast.

Well this range at the R&R is going through a rebuild and hopefully when done we will be at 1000 yards, part of the new range area this year was corn and all expansions were put on hold till the harvest was done in order to complete the permanent site.

<span style="font-weight: bold">New News</span>

Two weeks ago a friend of mine and well known gun builder put on a tactical event here in central WI. just south of Marshfield, this was somewhat of a trial run to see how it would all play out.

The event had 7 different stages
(No Magnums)
It was an individual non team challenge event
A 10 round mag was very handy versus two 5s
All stations were timed

A short description of the stages

<span style="font-weight: bold">Stage 1 </span>
120 seconds for 8 rounds - prone
2 rounds at 100 yards cold bore at a 1” elk with a scoring ring and dot, then another elk for corrections for the ability to gain some points back
Then either adjust for 200 yards or with bolt open, run 100 yards drop down and then shoot a hostage target about the same size with 3 shots at each bad guy surrounding a hostage.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Stage 2</span>
90 seconds – 8 rounds
Shooting off of a 45 degree angle platform with a flat top
Targets 450 and 490 yards - steel
2 shots at each target off the 45 degree angle then proceed up onto the flat for 2 shots each again shooting prone

<span style="font-weight: bold">Stage 3</span>
60 seconds – 6 rounds
Prone 3 shot at 600 – steel
Then 3 shot from your weak side at 400 – steel

<span style="font-weight: bold">Stage 4</span>
60 seconds – 6 rounds
From a hay bale 2 shots at 500 - steel
Then with bolt open run up 10 yards and shoot from a wall support with 4 shots at 450 – steel

<span style="font-weight: bold">Stage 5 </span>
Ladder or prison cell round 500 yards - steel
60 seconds – 8 rounds
2 shots from prone on the ground
Then 2 shots from first bar est. 2’ off of ground
Then 2 shots from second bar est. 3’ off of ground
Then 2 shots from third bar est. 4’ off of ground

<span style="font-weight: bold">Stage 6</span>
90 seconds – 9 shots – prone
Shot in this order
400, 500, 600, 400, 500, 600, 400, 500, 600 - steel

<span style="font-weight: bold">Stage 7 </span>
Know your limits – (this would be fun at 500/600 yards)
90 seconds – up to 4 shots all at 400 yards - steel
hanger has a 12”- 8”- 4” and 2” targets worth 25 points each you start on the 12” and shoot until you either miss or need to stop do to your confidence in your shot.
If you shoot and miss you loose all your points for this round.

There you are, this was a trial run and it went great even in the mild to heavy rain we had that day a fun course and somewhat challenging at times.

I believe that we will run this again in the future and there will be pre registration with a limit on the number of attendance in order to have the shooter manuals printed for each and time frame to finish within reason.

oneshot.onehit

Are they looking to do one over the winter yet or waiting till spring. I missed the CCB shoot unfortunately but I had good reason.

Geno

Jim is in Vegas shooting this weekend; Ill let everyone know when I hear something. I would expect yes we will be shooting yet this fall after the hunting season passes and this winter.

Riplinger is talking about doing a night cold bore shoot this Jan. as well. I shot this last spring, it was a good time not as many shooters, most folks think that you have to have high scopes for this but with a target that is somewhat illuminated it makes a average scope seem high-end. So a great time shooting as anytime one can pull a trigger. The trick to the night shoot is figuring out the wind if there is any in the dark.

oneshot.onehit