• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Wisconsin 2013

oneshot.onehit

Trigger Puller
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2010
USA
<span style="font-weight: bold">Some good events</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Grouper shoot Sunday Feb. 17th</span>

Location TNT club– 15 minutes northwest of Marshfield WI.
Directions from Marshfield, WI.

Take Highway H west from Marshfield est. 6 miles to Highway V north
Take Highway V north est. 3 miles to Mann Rd then turn West on Mann
Go West on Mann Rd. est ½ mile TNT club on left or south side.

Rifle shoot - 338 Lapua Mag and under
Shooting starts at noon
You can enter only once
Your gun may be shot only once – 1 gun with 1 entry
Est. target range 400 yards
You will be able to shoot sighter rounds and then 5 rounds for score you will be allowed 4 minutes to complete

Results will be scored by the tightest group only not the location on target face.

I will be attending this shoot, its only 5+ rounds and the entry fee will only be $10.00 with a 100% payback.

<span style="font-weight: bold">The last event was a good time - a short recap</span>
Actually a fun shoot to attend.

Target set at 400+ yards with the 5 rounds for score - tightest group
All rounds were shot off of a bench, prone would of been fun, and we had a good group of shooters attend.

Top Five rifles - a little info

1st place 6.5x47 Bench Rest rifle
2nd place 6Xc Tactical Rifle
3rd place 6mBr Bench Rest rifle
4th place 260 Tactical rifle
5th place 6mBr Bench rest rifle

It's always fun when you can pull the trigger.
I ended up in 4th, what was interesting is that the top 4 rifles were built by Jim at Center Shot Rifles

Anyone that wants to make the drive and pull some trigger time, you’re more then welcome to shoot

-----------------------------------------------------------------

<span style="font-weight: bold">Another event </span>
Should be on Saturday March 2nd

Fox Trackers – Marv Bowmen Memorial shoot – Cold Bore event

Two rifles may be shot per shooter.
338 Lapua Mag. and smaller
600 yards
Range finder allowed for verifying distance
One shot per rifle at target
Scored closest to center

$10.00 entry 100% payback

Fox trackers, is located a few miles south of Marshfield, WI. on Highway A and then take Fox Lane to the dead end heading East.
Registration in the morning and shooting starting shortly after

-----------------------------------------------------------

<span style="font-weight: bold">Another Event possibly in April and or this summer</span>

Last fall a friend of mine and well known gun builder put on a tactical event here in central WI. just south of Marshfield, this was somewhat of a trial run to see how it would all play out.

<span style="font-weight: bold">The event had 7 different stages</span>
(No Magnums)
It was an individual non team challenge event
A 10 round mag was very handy versus two 5s
All stations were timed

<span style="font-weight: bold">A short description of the stages</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Stage 1</span>
120 seconds for 8 rounds - prone
2 rounds at 100 yards cold bore at a 1” elk with a scoring ring and dot, then another elk for corrections for the ability to gain some points back
Then either adjust for 200 yards or with bolt open, run 100 yards drop down and then shoot a hostage target about the same size with 3 shots at each bad guy surrounding a hostage.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Stage 2</span>
90 seconds – 8 rounds
Shooting off of a 45 degree angle platform with a flat top
Targets 450 and 490 yards - steel
2 shots at each target off the 45 degree angle then proceed up onto the flat for 2 shots each again shooting prone

<span style="font-weight: bold">Stage 3</span>
60 seconds – 6 rounds
Prone 3 shot at 600 – steel
Then 3 shot from your weak side at 400 – steel

<span style="font-weight: bold">Stage 4</span>
60 seconds – 6 rounds
From a hay bale 2 shots at 500 - steel
Then with bolt open run up 10 yards and shoot from a wall support with 4 shots at 450 – steel

<span style="font-weight: bold">Stage 5 </span>
Ladder or prison cell round 500 yards - steel
60 seconds – 8 rounds
2 shots from prone on the ground
Then 2 shots from first bar est. 2’ off of ground
Then 2 shots from second bar est. 3’ off of ground
Then 2 shots from third bar est. 4’ off of ground

<span style="font-weight: bold">Stage 6</span>
90 seconds – 9 shots – prone
Shot in this order
400, 500, 600, 400, 500, 600, 400, 500, 600 - steel

<span style="font-weight: bold">Stage 7</span>
Know your limits – (this would be fun at 500/600 yards)
90 seconds – up to 4 shots all at 400 yards - steel
hanger has a 12”- 8”- 4” and 2” targets worth 25 points each you start on the 12” and shoot until you either miss or need to stop do to your confidence in your shot.
If you shoot and miss you loose all your points for this round.

-----------------------------------------------------------

<span style="font-weight: bold">Another Event -- this is on hold do to Range Rebuild</span>
April

338 Lapua Mag and under
Bring as many guns as you want to shoot for the cold bore event.

Cold Bore - $10.00 per gun per event. -- 100% pay back
Range targets 614 & 880 yards a 6” orange dot with a 1” black diamond – you are able to check the distance with your LRF.
No sight ins or warm ups the day of the shoot, Cold bore - one shot for one hit - per gun/person per target. The same gun may be allowed to be shot by multiple people, but an individual can only shoot it once per distance.

Head Hunter - $10.00 per shooter -- 100% pay back
Time pending after the 614 & 880 Cold Bore round, we may have a random draw 2 man team event involving the Head Hunter target – So bring plenty of ammo.

Shooting done off of a elevated bench and prone
Folks start showing up around 10:00 am and it seems to wrap up around 4:30 or so.
Registration cut off for 614 Event 1:00 PM!

I think last time there were 43 shooters at the 600 and 29 shooters at the 880

The range is a few miles south of Marshfield off of Highway A in the township of Richfield – the R&R Ranch, (highway A to Richfield – at the town hall and bar turn to the west and go a mile or so the R&R Ranch is on the south side of road)

As stated earlier we will have a taste of the Thunder Valley Head hunter steel target which is a blast and possibly a grouper round at 880 when the 614 and 880 cold bore are done.

This has been the norm for quite a few years; we have a new ownership change at the shooting sports facility, and will be relocating the range on the property and extending it out to 1000 yards after the April shoot!

<span style="font-weight: bold">I will update on opening of this range and continuation of event</span>

----------------------------------------------------------

<span style="font-weight: bold">Another Event</span>

This event held in our area by the folks at the Lonely Few Bikers club – nice range
Lonely Few Shoot is held in Oct
Riplinger WI. at the Lonely Few club grounds

500 yards cold bore for traditional hunting guns
600 yards cold bore for open and tactical guns
Note: max cal. allowed 338 Lapua Mag

2 gun limit per class, per person, allowing you to use two different guns per target

Cold Bore - $10.00 per gun per event.
Range targets use a 6” orange dot with a 1” black diamond – you are able to check the distance with your LRF.
No sight ins or warm ups the day of the shoot, Cold bore - one shot for one hit - per gun/person per target. The same gun may be allowed to be shot by multiple people, but an individual can only shoot it once per distance

Registration starts at 11:00am shooting starts at noon.
Google Riplinger, WI. About 20 minutes northwest of Marshfield, WI.

Look for highway 13 to K west to Q south this takes you to Riplinger, WI. Then take Q just south of Riplinger, WI. to stop sign then left or east on gravel maybe a 1/2 mile, turn left and cross tracks at the curve intersection and turn right into driveway. When looking at the Google map you can see the range backstops at the Lonely Few bikers club.

<span style="font-weight: bold">The Lonely Few club also does a night cold bore shoot which is fun I will post when they set up a date for this date.</span>

<span style="color: #3333FF">I will update anything that is subject to change</span>

oneshot.onehit

Last edited:
Re: Wisconsin 2013

What time does it start on the 17th? I have an ice fishing tourny Saturday the 16th, but should be able to make it to the shoot weather permitting. Would be an action packed weekend!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northern50</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What time does it start on the 17th? I have an ice fishing tourny Saturday the 16th, but should be able to make it to the shoot weather permitting. Would be an action packed weekend! </div></div>

Shooting starts at noon

Some fun competitive low pressure events for the local folks as well as those who are willing to travel and shoot. We have a good sized group of shooters here in the north central part of Wisconsin that have a great time pulling the trigger. Good days and not, everyone has a good time shooting and passing on theories on how to improve.

Looking towards seeing a few Hide members again

oneshot.onehit

Another great day pulling the trigger. A good group of shooter's showed up again for the TNT grouper shoot.

It was great to see you guys Northern 50

oneshot.onehit

Fun shoot for sure! Sounds like we will be up for the shoot March 16th with a few more people.

Nice meeting everyone, good group of people to shoot with.

Saturday March 2nd 2013

You can enter or shoot twice but you need to shoot two different rifles.

600 yards
Scored closest to center

The Fox trackers club grounds are located just a few miles south of Marshfield, WI. on Highway A, then take Fox Lane to the dead end heading East.

There are usually 60 give or take rounds fired at the 600 yard target

oneshot.onehit

ANOTHER SHOOTING OPPROTUNITY........WE SHOOT SILHOUETTE (200-500m)....AT LODI WI. EACH MONTH FROM MARCH TIL OCT...
CHECK THE WINNEQUAH GUN CLUB WEBSITE FOR DATES.....
bill larson

Saturday March 2nd 2013

You can enter or shoot twice but you need to shoot two different rifles.

600 yards
Scored closest to center

The Fox trackers club grounds are located just a few miles south of Marshfield, WI. on Highway A, then take Fox Lane to the dead end heading East.

There are usually 60 give or take rounds fired at the 600 yard target

oneshot.onehit

One Shot, What time is the AR shoot on Saturday March 16th, Noon again?
Also, how did the shoot go yesterday?

Bill Larson, You will probably see me over in Lodi one of these weekends, sounds like a good time.

Fox trackers had a great shoot again
I don’t recall what the numbers were in the hunting rifle class (20-30 maybe) but I think there were 68 rounds fired in the custom gun class. We had some good wind to play with and a nice day for the most part.

Last year my 338 LM was closest to the center on the 600 yard target, this year my 260 and 338 LM were within a inch of each other, cool but they were also 2.25” tall and about the same left, still a great day pulling the trigger.

I will get a hold of Ted or Cliff and find out what time the AR shoot starts, I’m thinking 10:00 or 11;00 registration and shooting shortly after but I will find out and let you know.

oneshot.onehit

Last edited:
Northern50

The AR semi autos shoot at the TNT track
Registration at 11:30 with shooting following shortly after

oneshot.onehit

Another great day of shooting at the TNT AR shoot.

We had some very impressive 5 round groups shot at 100, 200 and 300 yards.

oneshot.onehit

Another good time shooting at the TNT range yesterday. Great group of people and a fun format of shooting. Can't wait for more.

Thanks for the info. Been looking for ranges and some fun events here in WI.

p-pops

For the most part any time there is an event coming up I try to pass the word along here for folks to take part in. Most of these are laid back low pressure events where folks get together and pull some trigger time to have fun. But the equipment used covers everything from the average rifle to the sweet stuff, great folks as always to drum up a conversation with and it can be anybodies day as far as who walks away with the bragging rights.

Some events will have 20 shooters give or take and some will be 60-80

Hope to see you at some of the events, Columbus is a quick trip with the good roads these days.

oneshot.onehit

Any of you Fellas gonna shoot at the Eau-Claire Rifle Club this weekend? April 27th-28th?
4 gun 600, sling or f-class on Saturday,
Regional otc course on Sunday 200, 300, 600.

Any of you Fellas gonna shoot at the Eau-Claire Rifle Club this weekend? April 27th-28th?
4 gun 600, sling or f-class on Saturday,
Regional otc course on Sunday 200, 300, 600.

Hey Will, Austan and I made it to EC for the shoot on Saturday. It was a nice day of shooting and the weather was great. I didn't see you there? Been out shooting at all this year?

Will
Nice to see you here, it was good to hook up with you in Ettrick. A fun day of shooting for sure.

Had fun this weekend Garrett, thanks for the heads up.

Jeff

Jeff, always fun shooting with you guys. Hopefully the fields are a little less sloppy next time.

Yeah Jeff,

It's nice to put a face with a name. Are you partying hard with Garrett and the boys up north or just chooting with them? Sounds like he didn't get much rack time last weekend.

I stopped at the Vortex HQ yesterday to check out EVERYTHING Vortex. They had just about one of everything too. Be damned if I can remember the name of the guy that was helping us, maybe one of you could identify him. He had a tatoo on his left inside forearm that said in part ... in my vein(s)... . Oh yeah, and when I called in the morning, a guy named Bob was already at work early and answered the phone. Thanks Bob.

As I expected, our helper guy yet to be named had good product knowledge, and answered all of our questions. I requested a look through a particular RAZOR model, and before I knew it, all three of us were outside their shop with riflescopes, spotting scopes, and a set of binos in each hand. Anything in the showroom was fair game. We were holding thousands and thousands of dollars worth of optics. He still has some work to get me to upgrade from my viper pst though. The viper hs lr has the same moa reticle with holdoff dots that I've got my eye on. I don't think I'll be needing 175 minutes of elevation anytime soon either.
No dealer ever seems to stock the particular item you want/need when you want/need it. It was nice to burn an hour or two checking out things I have only looked at online. It was worth stopping by. The hospitality there was much appreciated as well.
Just thought some of you would want to know.

-Will

Is there a schedule available for shoots the rest of the year for the ones by marshfield?

Will
It may have been Jimmy, nice showroom for sure.

Ewok
We may have a cool steel shoot sometime this summer, it will be a new course layout. Otherwise when we get into September, October where's there will be events happening. I will update as soon as I hear.

oneshot, onehit

Hello fellow Wisconsinites. Brand new to the boards (lurking for the last year) and finally started my first build. I'm currently shooting in Shiocton, WI but am looking for some other ranges and shooters to get together in NE WI over the summer. Anybody have any input on ranges over 500 yards besides Marshfield?

Hello fellow Wisconsinites. Brand new to the boards (lurking for the last year) and finally started my first build. I'm currently shooting in Shiocton, WI but am looking for some other ranges and shooters to get together in NE WI over the summer. Anybody have any input on ranges over 500 yards besides Marshfield?

Your best bet is the shiocton range. Too bad they are enforcing a lot more rules now since people couldn't clean up their mess. If you want to shoot steel sometime I have a place we can get 800 south of Manitowoc. Otherwise around here it's pretty slim pickins for finding any good ranges to go shoot at.

There is a 600 yard in eau claire wi but you got to be a member and help with the range twice a year..... But you can actually learn while help set targets and so on.

Google ecnrc shooting range.

Anyone with private property over 800yards in the eau claire county wi area want to get together with like minded rifle enthusiast....especially ar precision send me a pm!,,

Your best bet is the shiocton range. Too bad they are enforcing a lot more rules now since people couldn't clean up their mess. If you want to shoot steel sometime I have a place we can get 800 south of Manitowoc. Otherwise around here it's pretty slim pickins for finding any good ranges to go shoot at.

Hey Northern,
Thanks for the input. I'll keep your info and get in contact once my guns put back together. I'm trying to get this trigger replacement done but it's not as "simple" as the videos I've found online. I haven't had any issues with Shiocton lately, usually I'm there pretty early in the morning. Once had a lady LEO stop in and chat with me, but other than that it's been great.

Yeah the lady officer is pretty decent, she stopped in once when I was shooting so I talked with her for a while, seemed alright.

What kind of rifle, and what trigger are you installing? If you need any help let me know.

It's a Timney 40x, finally got it to seat right. Ran the bump tests and no accidental discharge problems. It's a Remington 700 in .308 with the 26" varmint barrel. I dropped it into an AICS 1.5 chassis that includes the DBM (Viperskins coming in a few days) - really didn't like the thumbhole stock, picked up a Harris bi-pod and have some borrowed Nikon glass until I can afford the Nightforce I've been looking at. I did have a question for you about gunsmiths though, I'm in Green Bay and was looking to have the barrel threaded for a suppressor and can't find any smith's in the area except for a couple of guys that work out of their basement...anybody that you can refer me to?

There is a 600yd benchrest by Wausau on June 30th. Also a 600yd match in Ripon on June 30th. Ripon is prone with a bipod or rest and have to help in the pit if you shoot. Score yourself. Wausau is off a bench and club scores you(score is off group size). Both are nice shoots, plan on making one which one I havent decided. GB Zeke you could try Bobs precision down by oshkosh (on hwy 44) for a can and having the barrel threaded for it.

Folks,

North Coast Shooters Association is holding a 3 day shooting event at Fort McCoy WI.
It will be June 28-30, 2013
It will consist of all pop-up targets for all 3 days. Friday will be a handgun from 7 meters to 33 meters.
Saturday will be midrange rifle for any caliber except .50 BMG 100 meters to 500 meters.
Sunday will be the Long range team event for any caliber rifle including the .50 BMG 550 meters to 1,000 meters.

For more information please visit northcoastshooters.com got to the events menu then to Fort McCoy. Entry forms and information are listed there. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at [email protected] or PH: 330-674-3244

You will need to become a member of North Coast Shooters Assoc. to compete at Fort McCoy
This should be a great time

oneshot.onehit

Last edited:
Greetings all,
I am going to be in western Wisc. (Siren) in July for a family get together. A cousin is coming from Fla. and have been think about bringing a couple of M1As so he and I can skip the usual Sat. golfing session and re-live our time in the Marine Corps. Does anyone know of a range in the area where a couple of foreigners could visit and shoot those rifles to at least 100yds/m? PMs would be great. Thanks.

jb

Wow what a great time at the Ft. McCoy shoot. Looking forward to another there in August.

oneshot.onehit

Folks,

North Coast Shooters Association is holding a 3 day shooting event at Fort McCoy WI.
It will be August 9-10-11 2013
It will consist of all pop-up targets for all 3 days. Friday will be a handgun from 7 meters to 33 meters.
Saturday will be midrange rifle for any caliber except .50 BMG 100 meters to 500 meters.
Sunday will be the Long range team event for any caliber rifle including the .50 BMG 550 meters to 1,000 meters.

This is a great shoot to attend

For more information please visit northcoastshooters.com got to the events menu then to Fort McCoy. Entry forms and information are listed there. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at [email protected] or PH: 330-674-3244

You will need to become a member of North Coast Shooters Assoc. to compete at Fort McCoy
This should be a great time

oneshot.onehit

Hey I just saw this thread and wanted to let you know of a range out to 1400yd in Oshkosh area. check out this link.

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...197831-1400-yard-range-located-wisconsin.html

Match Guidelines and rules and information --- Fort McCoy WI. Event August 9th, 10th, 11th

The event will be held rain or shine. We will only postpone/delay the match or relay if there are safety issues. Thunder. Lightning, tornado, targets obscured ETC. So be prepared to shoot. That means bring your rain gear as well. This is a three days event, with 3 different events. Friday shall be registration handgun event and sight in day for the mid and long range events with target orientation giving everyone the chance to do their log books for the different ranges.

The North Coast Shooters Association, Ltd.(NCSA) will be hosting the Fort McCoy shoot. You will need to be a member of the NCSA, Ltd to have our insurance coverage while shooting on Fort McCoy.
$35.00 yearly membership can apply at shoot site

No Alcoholic Beverages will be allowed at the Fort McCoy Facility, No carrying concealed weapons!
Acceptable ammunition for the Saturday event: Amax, solids, Ball and any military projectiles.
Sunday Ammunition: Run what you have brung!! Any rifle any caliber match: AP, API, Incendiary, Tracer, match projectiles ETC.
All competitors shall be required to wear adequate hearing and eye protection while competing.
Non-competitors are welcomed to view the match with adequate hearing protection.
Non-competitors SHALL NOT be allowed on the firing line during the match. They are to remain behind the firing line at all times while the line is hot and to be in the bleacher area unless approved by the OIC or RSO. Only line safety officers/RSO’s and the match director and or staff shall be on the line with the competitors while the line is hot.

CHAMBER FLAGS WILL BE REQUIRED FOR ALL UNCASED RIFLES BEHIND THE FIRING LINE AS WELL AS WHEN THERE IS A COLD LINE FOR ALL UNCASED RIFLES ON THE FIRING LINE.

The firing line is not covered at Fort McCoy so make sure you bring water, sodas or something non-alcoholic to drink as well as sandwiches for lunch. It could be a hot day there.
The shooters meeting will be held at 09:00AM Friday, 07:00 AM Saturday and Sunday.
Shooting will commence at 09:30AM Friday, 8AM on Saturday and Sunday. The shooters’ meeting is a mandatory attendance. If you do not attend the meeting you do not shoot.
Attire: Dress comfortable, WI weather can swing a lot at that time of the year.
The awards shall be as follows:
Handgun Friday: 35 targets at 7-33 meters
1st, 2nd, 3rd, open to service type semi-auto caliber 9MM, .40 S&W and .45 ACP. No optics
Saturday: 40 targets at 100-500 meters
1st, 2nd, 3rd, open to any rifle any caliber under .50 caliber
Team event Sunday: 20 targets at 550-1,000 meters per teammate
1st, 2nd, 3rd, Open to .50 caliber and under.

The team shall consist of a shooter and a spotter. The shooter portion shall be responsible for the targets from 550 meters to 1,000 meters shot on Sunday. After the first string of targets the shooter and spotter shall rotate roles.
For information feel free to contact me. Nick Mullet, my contact info is as follows: [email protected] Phone 330-674-3244

North Coast Shooters Association, Ltd.

The NCSA was formed to provide a club with insurance to open up ranges such as military bases and private ranges for civilian marksmanship for .50 cal. shooters. We will be expanding to use all ranges that are available to us for the shooting sports.

A bunch of us have traveled to various places in the USA to shoot steel and tactical events and we would say that this is an awesome event to take part in. The range, people and camaraderie while there was great.

Bring lots of ammo and have a blast

Pistol round
Short range round
Long range round
A new fun shoot afterwards on Saturday Zombie run team event

We saw folks from WI., IL. MN, IN attend

Hotels -- for the folks looking 20 min. away in Tomah, WI.

oneshot.onehit

The above Fort McCoy event

The best kept secret in the state of Wisconsin, one of the few places a person can, including civilians shoot on a fully computerized short and long range tactical event course.

Just bring enough ammo, there will be plenty of opportunity for shooting and dropping targets

oneshot.onehit

The above Fort McCoy event

The best kept secret in the state of Wisconsin, one of the few places a person can, including civilians shoot on a fully computerized short and long range tactical event course.

Just bring enough ammo, there will be plenty of opportunity for shooting and dropping targets

oneshot.onehit

Any news on how the shoot went? I wanted to make this, but work dictated otherwise. At least I new I couldn't go well in advance.

We had a blast, for a lot of us being steel shooters, tactical and some paper this is just a great time.

Here’s the course of fire – all computerized

And you can shoot all the days or what ever you want

Friday
Pistol round 7 – 30 meters

Saturday
First event
100 to 500 meter short course 40 targets individual shooter event --- can have a spotter
Each individual shooter will have 40 targets and allowed 80 rounds
A great time

Sat. last event
2 man team event Zombie Chaos run 100 to 1000 meters 64 targets total possible
Shooters have unlimited rounds
16 in 3 minutes
16 in 2 minutes
16 in 1 minute
16 in 30 seconds
A Blast!

Sat. second event
2 man team event 20 targets 500 to 1000 meters
Each shooter will have 20 targets and 40 rounds of ammo allowed
A great time again

We did well, I ran my 260 bolt gun against the AR platforms on the short course, I can run the 260 well, finished 3rd

My shooting partner and I finished 1st in the Zombie run and 1st in the long course as well.

We ended up with some nice plaques, a bunch of 77 grain SMKs and both of us ended up with new barrels and a complete rifle tune up from Armalite’s custom shop – cool stuff

So with all that said

The Last Weekend in September

September 27th, 28th ---changed to only Fri. and Sat. range closed on Sun.
Handgun, Mid range + Long range rifle
7-30 Meter , 100-500 meter,1,000M
Handgun range 1, Rifle range 2

Fort McCoy, WI
Shoot one day or both

If interested ask questions

Last edited:
I'm like all of 45min from fort McCoy..

We had a blast, for a lot of us being steel shooters, tactical and some paper this is just a great time.

Here’s the course of fire – all computerized

And you can shoot all the days or what ever you want

Friday

Saturday
First event
100 to 500 meter short course 40 targets individual shooter event --- can have a spotter
A great time

Next event
16 in 3 minutes
16 in 2 minutes
16 in 1 minute
16 in 30 seconds
A Blast!

Sunday
A great time again

We did well, I ran my 260 bolt gun against the AR platforms on the short course, I can run the 260 well, finished 3rd

My shooting partner and I finished 1st in the Zombie run and 1st in Sunday’s long course as well.

We ended up with some nice plaques, a bunch of 77 grain SMKs and both of us ended up with new barrels and a complete rifle tune up from Armalite’s custom shop – cool stuff

So with all that said

The Last Weekend in September

September 27th, 28th & 29th 2013
Handgun, Mid range + Long range rifle
7-30 Meter , 100-500 meter,1,000M
Handgun range 1, Rifle range 2

Fort McCoy, WI
Shoot one day or all 3 days!

If interested ask questions

Attention

Range 2 will be shut down on Sunday

Sunday's 500 to 1000 meter event will be shot on Saturday

Cheers

So oneshot.,

Does that mean Saturday's and Sunday's schedules are flopped?

Or that Saturday's and Sunday's schedules will ALL be fired on Saturday?

Attention

Range 2 will be shut down on Sunday

Sunday's 500 to 1000 meter event will be shot on Saturday

Cheers

Folks
Just in case you did not see the change, Fort McCoy will be shutting Rifle Range 2 down for Sunday’s event. Once in a while this this can happen do to priorities within our system.
So here is the change within the events:

Friday
Located at Hand Gun range 1

Note: weather permitting after the hand gun events are done they will move to the Rifle Range 2 and allow folks to practice and confirm impacts in the afternoon.

Saturday
Located at rifle range 2

First match event
Can be shot standing in a pit, kneeling or prone – most folks go prone
A great time

Then the second match event
Most folks go prone
Also a great event as well

Then the Zombie
16 targets stand up until hit for a total of 3 minutes
Then they all stand up again
16 targets stand up until hit for a total of 2 minutes
16 targets stand up until hit for a total of 1 minute
16 targets stand up until hit for only a total of 30 seconds
A Blast!

Safety meeting for Friday’s handgun round, paperwork, and entry fee at hand gun range 1 will be at 9:00 am sharp- if anything be a little early.

Safety meeting for Saturday’s rifle events, paperwork if not done yet, and entry fee will be at 7:00 am sharp -here again if you have not taken care of the paperwork yet try to show up a little early.

I will say that the sweet part about shooting here is everything runs smooth and fast, be it a beginner or experinced, you will do well, there are plenty of folks willing to answer any questions you have for a good day of shooting.

After each event is finished the results are on paper and ready to annouce before most folks have their equipment packed up. The complete range is divided into six identical ranges that have targets stand up, drop if hit and lay down if the alloted time runs out for a hit. This is all done by a computer programed system. After the last shot is fired they just hit print and the results are listed by hits and time- very fast results.

Hope to meet some new folks and see some old friends.

If you know you are for sure coming let me know, Nick prefers to get an idea as far as possible shooter numbers.

There is a designated bleacher area behind the hot line/shooters area for folks that are not shooting any of the events and want to come and watch.

Safety is always stressed here but not to the point being over excessive.

But with that said, please keep any alcholic beverages off the base

On Saturday, unless something changes, we will have a truck show up around noon with hot & cold food and drinks for lunch. Gut truck with actually good food.

As stated earlier membership and shooting fees cover misc. insurance, and base fees.
But all in all its cheap entertanment and fun, and a bunch of us have walked away with table prizes for finishes that supersede any fees.

Here is a link for more info
http://www.northcoastshooters.com/index_files/Page2858.htm

$50.00 rooms at the Super 8 in Tomah a few minutes away from base

Cheers
Jeff

Last edited:
Just a reminder of another tactical shoot opportunity coming up the last Friday and or Saturday in September at Fort McCoy

oneshot.onehit

Oct. 19th 2013

Another Event

This event held in our area by the folks at the Lonely Few Bikers club – nice range
Lonely Few Shoot is held in Oct
Riplinger WI. at the Lonely Few club grounds

500 yards cold bore for traditional hunting guns
600 yards cold bore for open and tactical guns
50 cal not allowed as far as I know

2 gun limit per class, per person, allowing you to use two different guns per target

Cold Bore - $10.00 per gun per event.
Range targets use a 6” orange dot with a 1” black diamond – you are able to check the distance with your LRF.
No sight ins or warm ups the day of the shoot, Cold bore - one shot for one hit - per gun/person per target, 2 gun max. The same gun may be allowed to be shot by multiple people, but an individual can only shoot it once per distance

Registration starts at 11:00am shooting starts at noon.
Google Riplinger, WI. About 20 minutes northwest of Marshfield, WI.

Look for highway 13 to K west to Q south this takes you to Riplinger, WI. Then take Q just south of Riplinger, WI. to stop sign then left or east on gravel maybe a 1/2 mile, turn left and cross tracks at the curve intersection and turn right into driveway. When looking at the Google map you can see the range backstops at the Lonely Few bikers club.

The Lonely Few club also does a night cold bore shoot which is fun I will post when they set up a date for this date.

I will update anything that is subject to change

Another fun event.

Cheers
oneshot.onehit

Last edited:
Geno C.

At least the 260 is an easy cal. when it comes to load development, what are you running for powder and bullets, some of us are running H4350 and 139 gr Scenars