• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Wisconsin 2017 events thread

oneshot.onehit

Trigger Puller
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2010
USA
A lot of great things happening here in 2017

Post any info on events of interest, questions or discussion.

Cheers
oneshot.onehit

My wife has had the worst luck with keurig coffee makers. I'm thinking about hosting a keurig shoot. Those things are JUNK!

Reactions: cowboywhorses
I had plans to get out this Sunday but my backs been out.

Hey Will, any spots left? I've been meaning to message you on facebook. I didn't know if Garrett put me down or not.

I'll get you signed up. I'll have some pain killer for you after the match too.

I'll get you signed up. I'll have some pain killer for you after the match too.

Thanks man!

I think currently the only thing that would help the pain would have to come from the kind of people Marty knows, but I'll definitely bring my thirst.

Great time shooting Sunday with Geno and Garrett. Hopefully I get everything ironed out before the first shoot of the year!

I'm only 48 shots into the new barrel so I'm not overly concerned yet. I was having some funny velocity readings. I'm gonna give it a good clean and try and run a bunch more through this weekend and see what I get. If I was reading the boxes correctly, I might also have had one box that was a different lot number.

Saturday is not looking like a good day to be out shooting. I'll be taking advantage of the good weather today. A little breezy for the forming loads on the 223ai but the 260 forming loads will be just fine.

Last edited:
I wanna go shoot guns... I'm stuck in the garage anodizing parts. Gotta get this shit done while the temps are nice and I can work with the door open, at least the rifle will be done for the most part. I'd like to make a bit taller cheek piece but that can be done later, about sick of working on it.

Northern50

I know the feeling, the 375 is is a pile of pieces getting a bunch of fit and finish issues cleaned up and a different barrel spun.

Almost ready to reassemble, actually I haven't been home much since the New Year's Day shoot due to work, defiantly looking foward to the trip down south.

Does anyone have plans on shooting the Coldbore event out to 700 yards south of Marshfield March 4th?

Cheers

oneshot.onehit

Where can I find the details on this coldbore shoot?

Northern50

I know the feeling, the 375 is is a pile of pieces getting a bunch of fit and finish issues cleaned up and a different barrel spun.

Almost ready to reassemble, actually I haven't been home much since the New Year's Day shoot due to work, defiantly looking foward to the trip down south.

Does anyone have plans on shooting the Coldbore event out to 700 yards south of Marshfield March 4th?

Cheers

oneshot.onehit

Good to hear, new barrel going on I assume?

We we need to get out shooting ASAP!

I wont make the coldbore shoot, I'll be busy turning bullets. This coming weekend was when that was going to happen but pending snow storm and a large production run on the lathe is pushing it back a week. No biggie, just gotta stay focused on the end goal... KO2M

northern50
Yes my other barrel 10-4 on the mindset towards the K02M :)

The Coldbore event info - Marv Bohman Memorial Shoot Saturady March 4th

I think the entry fee is still $10.00 per rifle

Hunters class
One hunting gun shot per person, each rifle can only be shot once that day
Max scope power 15
factory hunting gun - No Customs or heavy barrels
Gun and scope max weight 10 lbs.
Target range 700 yards

Custom Class ( No 50s ) northern50 I'm just passing on the info - not making any rules - not my club
Note a shooter can enter two different rifles in this class - but no gun can be shot more then twice - so yes a freind can shoot your rifle also
Range 700 yards

Take Highway A south from Marshfield, WI. a few miles then take Fox Lane east to end of road - Fox Trackers Club House

Cheers
oneshot.onehit

Last edited:
50, what material exactly are you making bullets from? I'd like to file a little bit of trivia.

50, what material exactly are you making bullets from? I'd like to file a little bit of trivia.

360brass is the common solid everyone uses, so far it has been good for what we have been making. Copper seems to be some people's favorite but Dang the $ on that stuff when you are turning 50 solids.. Oil impregnated bronze makes for some awesome smoke trails.

Oneshot, I hear ya on the no 50's rule.. I gave one of the contractors that works for me some shit about it, he's a member there. Apparently those guys don't get F = M * A

photo47861.jpg Messing around with the pic thing. Not sure what this target was from, kinda sucking it up on the posting pics from the iPad it starts out easy, then gets muddled up when trying to change the pic from a thumbnail size to a larger version being a small. Can't figure out how to eliminate the thumbnail size afterwards.

Last edited:
Anyone make it out this weekend? I was able to get out and get the new 260 barrel squared away so I'm happy.

Cold bore group today at 100yds. Factory 6.5cm 140eld. I'm getting a bit better, still new to this game.

Attachments

• photo48220.jpg
    photo48220.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Mercracing

Worked on finishing up the new barrel on the 375 this last weekend, I might get back in time Friday to put the rifle all back together and run some test loads prior to the 700 Coldbore at Foxtrackers Saturday - thats a big might.

Nice shooting Zick not bad at all.

Cheers
oneshot.onehit

I wish you you guys the best of luck on the cold bore shoot, but currently it's not looking like i'll be able to make it. Hopefully we can get together before the hilltop shoot.

Mercracing

Worked on finishing up the new barrel on the 375 this last weekend, I might get back in time Friday to put the rifle all back together and run some test loads prior to the 700 Coldbore at Foxtrackers Saturday - thats a big might.

Nice shooting Zick not bad at all.

Cheers
oneshot.onehit

I think I have the picture thing kind of figured out. Now if I could just get them normal sized instead of thumbnail

Attachments

• photo48749.jpg
    photo48749.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 13
Good seeing everyone at Foxtrackers on Saturday!

There's an Auto-loader group shoot at T&T Riders Saturday, March 25th - 10:30a sign-up

Any auto-loading rifle, any optic
Must be fed from a magazine - no single feeding
Borrowed rifles can only shoot once

5-shot groups as follows: 2@100 2@200, 20-rounds total.

Cash prizes for best group at 100, best group at 200, and best group of aggregate (all shots totaled)

Good seeing everyone at Foxtrackers on Saturday!

There's an Auto-loader group shoot at T&T Riders Saturday, March 25th - 10:30a sign-up

Any auto-loading rifle, any optic
Must be fed from a magazine - no single feeding
Borrowed rifles can only shoot once

5-shot groups as follows: 2@100 2@200, 20-rounds total.

Cash prizes for best group at 100, best group at 200, and best group of aggregate (all shots totaled)

Thanks for the info

I know I have been out of the shooting some lately - but rumor has it you shot very well at Foxtrackers if so a Big Congrats! for taking 1st place. I think I heard you did an excellent job pulling the trigger at the TNT club as well lately.

Cheers

oneshot.onehit

Thanks for the info

I know I have been out of the shooting some lately - but rumor has it you shot very well at Foxtrackers if so a Big Congrats! for taking 1st place. I think I heard you did an excellent job pulling the trigger at the TNT club as well lately.

Cheers

oneshot.onehit

Thanks! There sure is a lot of faith placed in that one cartridge for cold-bore shooting. She didn't let me down, and i'm glad of it. i shot first place at T&T this last time too, that was a lot of fun. 2.1 inch-ish? Really windy. Might do some boarder wars shooting this summer, we'll see. Summer weekend schedule is already pretty darn packed!

So lately I've been toying with the idea of starting a Precision Rifle club here is WI. It's still in the extremely early stages. I'd really like to do something that brings Wisconsin's precision shooting community together. Some way to identify us as WI shooters as we start to branch out into the PRS, NRL, Competition Dynamics, Border Wars and even independent matches such as the Mammoth Sniper Challenge.

There are a few major hurdles:

1) A home range. Finding a home range to hold matches at, that is centrally located is difficult.

2) Locations of our members. We are extremely spread out. Getting people together would be difficult.

A solution to "1)" is that we just organize practice sessions around WI at various public/private ranges.

I'm open to thoughts and opinions. Please play devils advocate on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So lately I've been toying with the idea of starting a Precision Rifle club here is WI. It's still in the extremely early stages. I'd really like to do something that brings Wisconsin's precision shooting community together. Some way to identify us as WI shooters as we start to branch out into the PRS, NRL, Competition Dynamics, Border Wars and even independent matches such as the Mammoth Sniper Challenge.

There are a few major hurdles:

1) A home range. Finding a home range to hold matches at, that is centrally located is difficult.

2) Locations of our members. We are extremely spread out. Getting people together would be difficult.

A solution to "1)" is that we just organize practice sessions around WI at various public/private ranges.

I'm open to thoughts and opinions. Please play devils advocate on this.

In regards to 1. Does there need to be a "home" range? There is a couple of us in the Valley, we could try to use Shiocton. There are those more West. We could look into private land or Rapids or Wausau ranges.

In regards to 1. Does there need to be a "home" range? There is a couple of us in the Valley, we could try to use Shiocton. There are those more West. We could look into private land or Rapids or Wausau ranges.

I'm toying with the idea of letting individuals run practice session as they see fit. This is in the very early concept stages and to be quite honest how or if it will work.

I find the concept interesting. The way I've found it to be with anyone I've met from wi that I've shot with is, if they want me to shoot with them, they give me a call. And likewise it goes the other way. Not everyone has a good place to shoot. We all like to get together to shoot but finding the time that matches up for everyone is hard.

The place ace I have access to is not really suited for a lot of people but a few isn't a big deal. Don't think a match will ever happen there but never say never. I guess I just never saw a need to be a club so we could shoot together.

My situation is a little different from most though. I don't really shoot in the summer and most matches are out of the question for me so my opinion really isn't too relevant.

Hey fellas, I just moved to Wisconsin and looking to get shooting some matches this year. I am having trouble locating matches, is there a resource that lists most of these events? I'm located in Wausau, thanks guys for any help!

Hey fellas, I just moved to Wisconsin and looking to get shooting some matches this year. I am having trouble locating matches, is there a resource that lists most of these events? I'm located in Wausau, thanks guys for any help!

I haven't found a consolidated one, but this thread is a good one for most of the local central Wisconsin-ish stuff.

For around Wausau, there's 600 yard 5-shot group shoots at the Mosinee public range in the summer months hosted by The Marathon county rifle & pistol club, inc. I dont think they have a schedule up yet though. They're on facebook.

You just missed the Marv Bohmann Memorial 700-yard cold bore shoot in Marshfield. First Saturday of march every year.

T&T Riders in Marshfield has 5-shot group shoots during the winter months and rifle and pistol pin shoots during the summer. I'll try to keep those shoots up to date here. The facebook page is mostly for dirtbike riders as the shoots are hosted at a motocross track. There's an auto-loader shoot coming up, details above.

Wisconsin Precision Rifle Steel Challenge series hosts shoots over near racine i think. They have a facebook page as well.

There's a private range in Wood County near the public range where they host 600-yard benchrest stuff. not sure what it's called though, but i've been there a few times.

There's Benchrest F-Class type shooting in Eau Claire and Lodi and others in the summer. NRA stuff.

I haven't found a consolidated one, but this thread is a good one for most of the local central Wisconsin-ish stuff.

For around Wausau, there's 600 yard 5-shot group shoots at the Mosinee public range in the summer months hosted by The Marathon county rifle & pistol club, inc. I dont think they have a schedule up yet though. They're on facebook.

You just missed the Marv Bohmann Memorial 700-yard cold bore shoot in Marshfield. First Saturday of march every year.

T&T Riders in Marshfield has 5-shot group shoots during the winter months and rifle and pistol pin shoots during the summer. I'll try to keep those shoots up to date here. The facebook page is mostly for dirtbike riders as the shoots are hosted at a motocross track. There's an auto-loader shoot coming up, details above.

Wisconsin Precision Rifle Steel Challenge series hosts shoots over near racine i think. They have a facebook page as well.

There's a private range in Wood County near the public range where they host 600-yard benchrest stuff. not sure what it's called though, but i've been there a few times.

There's Benchrest F-Class type shooting in Eau Claire and Lodi and others in the summer. NRA stuff.

Thanks, that's a good start. I'll stay tuned to this page to keep up to date. I checked out the marathon county rifle and pistol club site a while ago and they do have dates up. It seems to be just benchrest, I'm also looking for run n gun type matches. Below is the marathon county rifle and pistol website link.

http://www.marathoncountyrifleandpistolclub.com/

I think the Central WI Sportsmans Club in Marshfield has 3 Gun events, Call Bulls Eye Sports in Marshfield and ask they can give you the details.

Cheers
oneshot.onehit

Wisconsin Rapids, 50 minutes south.. we have a 600yd range and a nice indoor range. Third Thursday of the month is the club meeting at 6pm, tomorrow night is the march meeting. I've shot at the marathon county range when I lived in Wausau, nice but way to nazi like and they wouldn't let us use the 600yd range.. like we we're mortals since we weren't law enforcement, oh well.

There's no range officer to deal with at the Rapids range, once your a member you use it and take care of it as it's yours. Nice place.

Welcome to Wi.

[No message]

Attachments

• photo51124.jpg
    photo51124.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 18
Outside prairie du sac. My family's private quarry over and well into the neighbors. Ill try to set aside a Saturday or Sunday to shoot with some of you all some time this summer.

Outside prairie du sac. My family's private quarry over and well into the neighbors. Ill try to set aside a Saturday or Sunday to shoot with some of you all some time this summer.

I'm only 20 miles from PDS, so we'll make something work but the next few months are not looking good for me. There are probably a few of us around that should get together for a bit of trigger time. God knows I haven't had much in the past year. Work interrupts too much. Not much around for public places to shoot, and I don't care much for those ranges anyhow. Most of us just find a friend or neighbor that will let us set up and shoot.

I'll have to get in touch sometime. I make it down to Baraboo every other month or so.

Mr Zick

Nice looking picture, I'm not sure if the background or rifle looks sharper. Again a sweet picture.

Cheers
oneshot

A person might need a small flat boat or 6 wheeler to get around after all the rain in some areas but it should be a nice weekend for some load testing. Good luck folks.

oneshot.onehit