• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Wisconsin folk’s 2011 thread

oneshot.onehit

Trigger Puller
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2010
USA
Scheduled Cold Bore Rifle events – Central WI.

Just a little info folks if your interested,

The first Saturday in March 2011 – located just south of Marshfield, WI. a few miles there will be a Cold Bore event I believe at 600 yards. You will be able to shoot up to 2 different guns, nothing larger then a 338 Lapua.
This will be held at Fox trackers

And then again the last Saturday of April 2011 - there will be another Cold Bore event shooting at 600 and 880 yards. Bring a little extra ammo last time they also did a 3 shot grouper at 880. I believe here you can shoot up to 3 different rifles, nothing larger then a 338 Lapua. This will be held at River Ranch which is also a few miles south of Marshfield, WI.

Any questions, ask away I will try to answer

Re: Wisconsin folk’s 2011 thread

Can you give some details on how the match goes?? Number of shots, rules, ect.

The Cold Bore events

Entry fees in the past were $10.00 per rifle

Cash payout after everyone’s done and the target is brought up for review and placing

Folks start showing up around 9:00 am and it seems to wrap up around 4:30.

I think last April at the R&R event there were around 43 shooters at the 600 and 29 shooters for the 880

Guns that are allowed are 338s and under

In the past they did open up the range the week prior for folks that need to get their marks. I tend to trust my zero and do the math on the day of the events, because every day is different.

Note; The day of the shoot!
No sight ins or warm ups the day of the shoot, Cold bore - one shot for one hit

The R&R range is a few miles south of Marshfield off of Highway A in the township of Richfield – the R&R Ranch, (highway A to Richfield – at the town hall and bar turn to the west and go a mile or so the R&R Ranch is on the south side of road)

Fox trackers is a ½ mile south on highway A yet from the Richfield town hall and bar and then east on a dead end road

Range targets are at a estimated distance of 600 & 880 yards you will be aiming at a 6” orange dot with the 1” black diamond in the middle – you are able to check the distance with your LRF

At the river Ranch event you will have a elevated position - bench that you shoot from, I usually spin the seat up high and shoot off of my bipod versus the bags that will be available, there is talk that folks will have to shoot off of the sand bags vs the bi-pods so be prepared if this change takes place. I guess a few of us using pods and shooting well seemed to be an advantage over the folks using the sand bags that are provided.

This event draws folks from all walks of life; safety rules are followed and for the most part a good group to BS with. The guns used are a big mix from factory, factory tactical, to customs. And with that, a good mix of expertise from the shooters a good group to hang out with.

In the past you where allowed to shoot two different guns at the Fox tracker event and up to three different guns at the R&R event

This year my son and I will be sharing rifles we will both be shooting a Remington 700 tactical in a 308 and a Barrett in a 338 Lapua.

Guns can be used by a maximum of three shooters at the R&R event in the past.

Food and refreshments available at both events.

Let me know if you have any other questions

Everyone must be buried under snow yet, what happened to all the WI. folks!