• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms withdrawn

yej0001

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2011
Northern CA
308W, 24 inch barrel. German rifle with US made stock. Excellent condition. Quick change barrel option. Very accurate. I am shooting another one with Benchmark 6.5x55 barrel that is a one hole rifle. $1550 shipped/insured from me to your FFL. If your FFL needs to receive it from another FFL, it can be arrange with a fee from my FFL.

Scope/rings are not included but are available for purchase (Zeiss Diavari V 6-24x56; best glass available).

The muzzle brake is not original. It will be replaced with the factory flash hider.

No trade please; need cash for a purchase.

SSG2.jpg
SSG3.jpg
SSG4.jpg
SSG5.jpg
SSG5.jpg
SSG1.jpg

SSG6.jpg
SSG8.jpg
SSG7.jpg

Last edited:
Glad you asked about caliber. I've re-read post a dozen times to see if I missed it.

Do they make a 260 barrel for this? I've heard these are excellent rifles.

Any idea of how difficult is is to switch barrels on these?

Very easy to do. Just need screw drivers. You would need to take the action out of the stock then loosen three screws that tighten action "clamp" to hold the barrel.

I have one and it's a very nice rifle.

I hope you don't mind my adding to your post but thought i'd mention that Benchmark Barrels sells very nice quality drop-in barrels for this rifle so it's easy to re-barrel and/or change calibers. They also sell magazine extensions. Accurate Mag sells nice quality magazines for the rifle.

Reactions: yej0001
@want2learn thank you for adding the Benchmark barrel option. My other SSG wears a benchmark 6.5x55 barrel that shoots one hole with Hornady 147 eld-m and h4831sc or RL26. With 27 in barrel I could push the speed to 2950. Benchmark makes excellent barrel.

One advantage of the SSG3k is that it’s designed around their target/competition rifle so it’s very accurate. The bolt lugs into the barrel extension instead of the action, so changing barrel does not loose the tight chamber tolerance. Another feature is that it’s designed around 6.5x55 cartridge, so it’s a intermediate length action (30-06) length, which give you more option for cartridge choices, or you can load 308 very very long.

Reactions: elite_ares
I’m guessing this isn’t a rem700 footprint as far as the action goes. But does McMillan make a stock for it? A-10 ,A5,xtr...? Kmw?

I had one with McM stock (the original German model) and sold it. I actually like the cheaper US stock better, not cosmetically but ergonomically (to me). You can buy a McMillan stock from McM

Reactions: Rob Hamilton