• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Without warning- TMB

bbyars

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 9, 2018
Waco/Tyler , TX
Bought one in November directly from the company, still has not shipped despite the website saying it was in stock. Sent a couple emails and called a few times and have not gotten a response. Anyone else have comms issues with this company?

Bummer to hear that the website doesn't seem to be updated with the correct inventory levels. I was about to make a purchase, but I'll hold off and see what happens with your order. Hopefully, they get back to you soon.

Not sure if this helps, but I did see the following message posted on their Instagram 4 days ago:
"Update. The current normal tmbs came off the machines yesterday and are being coated this week. Should ship next week."

Reactions: rydah
Bummer to hear that the website doesn't seem to be updated with the correct inventory levels. I was about to make a purchase, but I'll hold off and see what happens with your order. Hopefully, they get back to you soon.

Not sure if this helps, but I did see the following message posted on their Instagram 4 days ago:
"Update. The current normal tmbs came off the machines yesterday and are being coated this week. Should ship next week."
Was giving them the benefit of the doubt but its been 5 weeks and haven't received anything other than an "in process" email.

I ordered one of the original ones in 6.5 Creedmoor, and it took three months to get it.

I ordered their new Morgun King in April 2023, and we get an email every few months saying it is almost ready. I waited too long to cancel and get my money back. I still hope that it shows up someday.

Against my better judgment, I ordered another one of the regular models in November because of how well the first one worked. This is for my 308. It was a pre-order but was supposed to ship in 6 weeks. That puts it sometime in January.

It is a very effective brake. The tuner did improve group sizes for certain ammo.

Forget comms...will never happen.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Baron23 and bbyars
They have dealers here in the US. I have a few and really like them. I'm also waiting on the MK gold one.

Bought one in November directly from the company, still has not shipped despite the website saying it was in stock. Sent a couple emails and called a few times and have not gotten a response. Anyone else have comms issues with this company?
Thanks for the support mate.

I’ve sent you multiple emails. Have you checked your junk mail lately? I think maybe because of the way I’ve been sending out group emails and updates my email is now getting flagged for some people as junk or spam. I’m not sure but it’s something I’m looking into this week.

The brakes came off the machines on Monday last week, are being coated at the moment and will ship before Xmas. I’m getting the packaging ready today.
Not sure as to why this order took longer than usual, I guess holiday period has caused that but I apologize for the wait and thanks for being patient.

On the website it says the date the order was made and the projected shipping date when you click on the specific product. It also says it was a preorder.

IMG_7262.png

I ordered one of the original ones in 6.5 Creedmoor, and it took three months to get it.

I ordered their new Morgun King in April 2023, and we get an email every few months saying it is almost ready. I waited too long to cancel and get my money back. I still hope that it shows up someday.

Against my better judgment, I ordered another one of the regular models in November because of how well the first one worked. This is for my 308. It was a pre-order but was supposed to ship in 6 weeks. That puts it sometime in January.

It is a very effective brake. The tuner did improve group sizes for certain ammo.

Forget comms...will never happen.
Thanks for the support. Your order will ship same time as the OPs order. This batch has the added muzzle rise reduction and should suit your 308 perfectly. Keen to hear how you like it!

Reactions: Nik H
Thanks for the support mate.

I’ve sent you multiple emails. Have you checked your junk mail lately? I think maybe because of the way I’ve been sending out group emails and updates my email is now getting flagged for some people as junk or spam. I’m not sure but it’s something I’m looking into this week.

The brakes came off the machines on Monday last week, are being coated at the moment and will ship before Xmas. I’m getting the packaging ready today.
Not sure as to why this order took longer than usual, I guess holiday period has caused that but I apologize for the wait and thanks for being patient.

On the website it says the date the order was made and the projected shipping date when you click on the specific product. It also says it was a preorder.

View attachment 8299635
Wow, thanks for the update. Yeah you were marked as spam for some reason.

Reactions: rydah
Wow, thanks for the update. Yeah you were marked as spam for some reason.
All good mate thanks for letting me know. I’ve checked my email dns settings also. Apparently I had an spf issue whatever that means. So hopefully that being resolved now will also mean my emails are less likely to go to spam.

Again thanks for the support and hope you love you new tmb when you get it soon. You’ll receive tracking when it ships.

@rydah

Any updates on the last batch of the normal TMBs? Were they shipped before Christmas? I have not received any tracking information.

Thanks in advance.

Any updates on the MK version?

Per his most current FB/Instagram story his primary focus now is the MK TMB. He did tease a close up the other day of what looked like machining marks on a MK TMB so hopefully we are close. With the Texas match done it looks like the expected date will be close to the Frostbite match as he previously said. I'm just combining data I've seen from his posts.

We all paid for it almost a year ago...I want to see it too.

Good things take time...
I’m just hoping by the MDT Frostbite match (17 Feb) holds true.🙂

Picked up a Gen 2.5 from @bbyars now I'm just waiting on that Morgun King version yo drop. Maybe it'll come soon.
Just asked him about it yesterday and it won’t meet the 17 Feb timeline based on what he told me. He’s changed the design and is waiting on patent(s) due to the new design. I’m gonna be pessimistic on this and give it April-May time frame. With the brakes currently not being produced and now waiting on patent(s), it’s probably a fair guess.

Just asked him about it yesterday and it won’t meet the 17 Feb timeline based on what he told me. He’s changed the design and is waiting on patent(s) due to the new design. I’m gonna be pessimistic on this and give it April-May time frame. With the brakes currently not being produced and now waiting on patent(s), it’s probably a fair guess.

That's pretty ridiculous if that's the case

Again that’s my guesstimate, but I’m 100% confident it will not be shipped out by the MDT frost bite match. He said he will release a video on the changes once the patent is good. The changes are supposed to improve performance with less blast.

I guess my point was is that it's getting ridiculous that we're coming up on a year waiting for a brake that we were told was going to be delivered in July after we had already paid for it.

Broken deadline after broken deadline and still no solid release date. Maybe he should release what was promised instead redesigning it over and over. Even if it doesn't perform as well, at least we'd have a brake in hand.

I know you're just the messenger so it's not your fault. This is just getting old.

Last edited:
Reactions: TrevK and jthor
I’m not disagreeing with you by any means. I know he wants a certain quality and won’t sacrifice that. The patent thing does make sense so folks don’t copy him again. His brake was out before the EC tuner brake, which I don’t think was a copy from him. That was inevitable base on EC already making tuners.

The tuner part really isn't or wasn't a draw for me. I'll probably pull it off and use the jam nut, i wanted it for the recoil reduction. I think tuners are snake oil

That's if I don't sell the thing or somehow get a refund so I can go get brake.

Reactions: kthomas and jthor
I believe something is owed to those who have waited so far. Whether it is a % off a regular TMB or something. I believe he will deliver on the brake otherwise he is finished in the industry. The “when” he will delivery is a goal post with wheels tho.

I think the first machining company sold him a bill of goods. You have to remember that he is milling away a lot of metal to create the external ports. I am sure the practicality and impacts of that were not well understood.

I also would like to see it arrive as it will be over a year by the time it shows up. I am sure it will. If not, lesson learned. I have two other TMBs. I like the brake part as well. Can't say I have invested much time with the tuner function.

Being a left-handed shooter that uses AI, I have learned a lot about being patient for something to show up.

I can forgive the issues with the first machine shop lessened learned but everything after that is unacceptable.

At this point I'm chalking it up to a $500 lesson learned. If it happens to ever show up, it'll be in the PX before the end of the day since I can't get an answer to my emails about a refund.

Oh well, at this point ill just support others in this industry. Time for me to move on, it doesn't pay to beat a dead horse anymore.

I am not going to sell it if it shows up because it will be a good performer. However, I have my doubts about getting it

I have my doubts too, but trying to remain positive we will at least get the brake. What I am failing to understand however is how there was a finalized product that was given to MK, but after that the brake was seemingly impossible for machine shops to reproduce.

I’m not disagreeing with you by any means. I know he wants a certain quality and won’t sacrifice that. The patent thing does make sense so folks don’t copy him again. His brake was out before the EC tuner brake, which I don’t think was a copy from him. That was inevitable base on EC already making tuners.

Who copied him?

Tuner muzzle brakes have been around for a while.

Who copied him?

Tuner muzzle brakes have been around for a while.
Off the top of my head ATS tuner brake comes to mind. There have been a few that have copied past that one though. There was practically no one producing tuner brakes before the TMB and EC tuner brake. The old browning BOSS brake was around prior, but nothing like we see today.

Off the top of my head ATS tuner brake comes to mind. There have been a few that have copied past that one though. There was practically no one producing tuner brakes before the TMB and EC tuner brake. The old browning BOSS brake was around prior, but nothing like we see today.

Harrels made tuner muzzle brakes long before TMB.

Badassgunworks on here claims he's been making tuner muzzle brakes for long before TMB.

I'm sure there are others. I'm not sure what TMB think is original about their design, besides some of the smaller intricacies.

Reactions: Superjet

Badassgunworks on here claims he's been making tuner muzzle brakes for long before TMB.

I'm sure there are others. I'm not sure what TMB think is original about their design, besides some of the smaller intricacies.

Insite Arms also had a tuner brake a few years back

Reactions: kthomas
Fair enough. Regardless, I just want the damn product already and I’m tired of delay after delay.

I think that the patent revolves around the Morgun King Brake, not the others. Not sure but I believe it is accurate since the MK is a larger external diameter than conventional brakes. That is why the ports are external on the MK versus internal like other brakes including TMB's other designs. This purportedly increases the effectiveness of the brake but requires milling away all of the metal other than the external ports. I don't know another design that does this, hence the patent.

At least that is what I believe I have read previously

Reactions: Mormegil87
The current patent I believe has to deal with what he is doing to reduce the blast, maybe both tho

I think that the patent revolves around the Morgun King Brake, not the others. Not sure but I believe it is accurate since the MK is a larger external diameter than conventional brakes. That is why the ports are external on the MK versus internal like other brakes including TMB's other designs. This purportedly increases the effectiveness of the brake but requires milling away all of the metal other than the external ports. I don't know another design that does this, hence the patent.

At least that is what I believe I have read previously

Gotcha.

I know the owner of TMB threatened to sue Insite Arms, and maybe others, but his claims were frivolous and BS, and wouldn't have stood up in court.

Screen shot what he current teased on it and zoomed in.
The newer MK TMB either has

- the tuner moved to the front of the brake
- has a 6th port like the Gen 2.5
- or both

Attachments

• IMG_4322.jpeg
    IMG_4322.jpeg
    138.8 KB · Views: 69
This was on their website today. Is this what all the wait is for?

I reached out a third time to ask for a refund. If the design has changed that much from the original pre-order, I want nothing to do with it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240208_130822_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240208_130822_Chrome.jpg
    400.1 KB · Views: 128
looks like a brass tuner weight. Makes sense, can make it smaller since brass is heavier. I'll wait to see what he states the new capes of this design is.

I dont care if it's guaranteed to get me 10 more points a match. IF thats the MK, it's not what I paid for and if that's the case, I'd like my money back.