• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Witt Machine

higginsworksforme

Private
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2009
Kentucky
Does anyone have experience with Witt Machine silencers? I'm looking at a couple for dedicated thread-on mounting. I understand they're monocore and old technology but I'm shooting outside and I really don't care. One will be a 9mm subgun and the other is a non-precision AR in 556.

Does anyone have experience with Witt Machine silencers? I'm looking at a couple for dedicated thread-on mounting. I understand they're monocore and old technology but I'm shooting outside and I really don't care. One will be a 9mm subgun and the other is a non-precision AR in 556.
Worse suppressor I have ever bought. I have about a dozen and I bought one from them about 5-6 years ago when they had a sale. They were advertising custom SN, custom bore, custom this and that.
I ended up getting like a 6" can in 6mm to use on a match rifle. Didn't need to be the best, just needed to tone it down enough to be usable.
Showed up with half ass cerakote job, TWO baffles and a spacer for a blast chamber. It was a take down, so i took the parts out to inspect.
Looked like some clown made the with car parts and a drill press. I have pictures somewhere. It was absurd.
Bore was big enough to drop a 338 bullet inside and almost big enough to drop a 9mm round into.

Decided maybe it would at least work for a 300 blk or 223 suppressor. NOPE
It was about like duck taping a 20oz pop bottle on the end and filling it with toilet paper.
Virtually useless.

I ended up spending the money to have ECCO re-core the whole thing and it's night and day better.
I'll never buy anything from Witt again and I will tell my story to anyone ever considering their suppressors. Mine was junk.

That doesn't even get into the customer service nightmare of it taking almost 2 years to get built, BEFORE getting the Form3 transferred to my dealer.

Here's the two "baffles" and the spare inside tube they used for a blast chamber. You can see the burrs from drilling the holes in the baffle.
thumbnail_processed-469a1539-0a62-4da5-aa9c-8e033839efe8_IoulKAsb.jpg
thumbnail_processed-dd93a3fb-6ad9-4efc-b3a3-e85e6f9b1b45_miUkjcPs.jpg

Here's the new parts from ECCO and the fresh cerakote on the tube and end caps. I had them put a new "Cherry Bomb" mount in it and decided to use it strictly for 300blk and 223/556 AR's and I was very happy and it was well worth it after the shit show with Witt's "design".

image.jpg