• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WOA barrels any good?

I have a WOA 6.8 Remington SPC with a spec 2 chamber and it’s regularly 3/4 to 1MOA with Hornady 110g HP and my own hand loads using the 110g accubond. I don’t shoot it past 300 most of the time but hits on 8” circular steel at 300 are boringly consistent.

I've been around many boards for a number of years and can't really recall ever reading anything negative about WOA barrels. That being said, I've never personally shot one, but I wouldn't hesitate to consider one if I found one meeting my needs.

Reactions: drewthebrave
Only one I've shot was a 6mm Hagar. Full woa upper, and it's a 1/2 moa gun.

WOA makes great barrels.

I use them on my AR15 for service rifle competitions and on my Tubb 2k’s for Highpower and PRS.

The Holligers are fantastic folks, and I’m proud to support them.

Reactions: TACC
hello, thank you. Those are Magpul 10 rd magazines, in an AR15. Not single fed. Please note most everything is shot at 50 yards, unless it says otherwise, like the AA2230 page. Basically, I do this from my Marine Corps Rifle training. "Aim small, hit small". So when I am using a 25x mag scope (Vortex PST II) at 50 yards, I can aim and fire at a spot, very very small. This improves consistency and also improves my trigger skills, as staring at such a large spot so clearly allows me to get feedback from trigger break, to make sure I am not even slightly "pulling" a shot. For Valkyrie, I am using a Trijicon 50x mag scope at 50 yards generally, and I am aiming at an even smaller spot.

The go to powder to shoot 55 grain bullets in AR15 5.56 is probably H335 and AR Comp, to name 2 good ones. Pretty lights out.

Of note, that WOA Predator barrel is not a Krieger, or higher end blank, its just the standard WOA offering, I believe they sell the barrels alone for around $~300 ish. Compass Lake and WOA offer competitive barrels at good prices for their "normal" non upgraded offerings. Both are good companies.

I never paid for the upgraded blanks because I figured if I am getting results this good with their "normal" how much better is the high end blank for near double cost? Diminishing returns...its probably better though....We will find out soon, I have a Krieger Valkyrie coming...

Reactions: TACC
hello, thank you. Those are Magpul 10 rd magazines, in an AR15. Not single fed. Please note most everything is shot at 50 yards, unless it says otherwise, like the AA2230 page. Basically, I do this from my Marine Corps Rifle training. "Aim small, hit small". So when I am using a 25x mag scope (Vortex PST II) at 50 yards, I can aim and fire at a spot, very very small. This improves consistency and also improves my trigger skills, as staring at such a large spot so clearly allows me to get feedback from trigger break, to make sure I am not even slightly "pulling" a shot. For Valkyrie, I am using a Trijicon 50x mag scope at 50 yards generally, and I am aiming at an even smaller spot.

The go to powder to shoot 55 grain bullets in AR15 5.56 is probably H335 and AR Comp, to name 2 good ones. Pretty lights out.

Of note, that WOA Predator barrel is not a Krieger, or higher end blank, its just the standard WOA offering, I believe they sell the barrels alone for around $~300 ish. Compass Lake and WOA offer competitive barrels at good prices for their "normal" non upgraded offerings. Both are good companies.

I never paid for the upgraded blanks because I figured if I am getting results this good with their "normal" how much better is the high end blank for near double cost? Diminishing returns...its probably better though....We will find out soon, I have a Krieger Valkyrie coming...
My Krieger WOA WOA valkrie is here just getting everything assembled this week.

After shooting 16, 18 and 20 inch WOA in 223/556 if I want accuracy this is what I buy

Excellent. Is it a 24" 1:6.5? If so, and you are hand loading, we will get similar results. When you get it up and running, can we share some data?

Over the last 10 years I've had 3 AR type builds with WOA barrels, all were excellent performers! I have a 18" MK 2.5 currently they delivers great results. My previous 2 builds were Prairie dog rifles that sent many of those grass chewers to the big valley of grass in the sky.

Yes white oak barrels are very high quality.
The standard barrels are cut from Wilson blanks, you can upgrade to a Krieger or pac-nor for extra cost.
These local type matches your customer is shooting , are they highpower matches? If so make sure you get the barrel with the windage adjustable front sight base.

WOP Barrels - let's explain what one is....

Regardless of the blank supplier, here is what you will get with a WOP barrel:

- gas hole cut into a groove, then the rest of the barrel built around that (indexing to pick up the threads for the extension)
- a good crown
- a precision cut chamber, with a sharp/not worn out reamer, a few thou over minimum dimension
- excellent customer service during the sale
- a person/company that stands behind their work and products

Great company. John has built barrels for 5 of my AR15 competition guns. My service rifles both have Pac-nors 6.5 twist but alas PAC-nors are no more since the fire...If I rebarrel I’ll have John make me up a Kreiger but truth is, his Wilson barrels would probably work fine. I don’t shoot HM scores anymore :-(

Still in the early stages of my first WOA barrel, 18” spr barrel. My first hand loads I tried with 69g smk out of it all shot between .6-.7 moa. Super pleased with it and the ease of getting accuracy out of it.