• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WOA vs Rainier Select Match 5.56 barrels

cox308

BAMF
Minuteman
Nov 24, 2011
United States, Hawaii
I was wondering if there is any differance between the WOA and the Rainier Arms Select Match barrels. According to Rainier's website they are both Wilson blanks. So if they are both the same blank and chambered by the same company what's the differance besides the extra $30 for the WOA?

From the research I've done WOA is GTG. I'm cant find as much info on the RA Select match but if they are just as good I'd like to put that $30 towards another part of the build.

Any thoughts??

Re: WOA vs Rainier Select Match 5.56 barrels

I went with the rainier yesterday simply because the gas system I wanted was available in their barrel. 90 days to see if you are happy with the barrel or not.

I went with WOA and it's been an amazing barrel.

In some cases, I think Rainier's barrel profile might be a little different, but probably not enough to matter performance-wise compared to WOA's own version.

Haven't used their Select version, but the UltraMatch barrels have performed well for me.

Had an RRA barrel that was a Wilson blank, and it was also a very straight shooter.

same barrel... 98%.. Rainier has WOA contour theirs just a tad different, and sometimes do a different gas system length.. same thing they have Samson do to the Evolution Rail for them to make the "Rainier Arms Evo rail"... the Ultra match barrels though are Shilen blanks, not Wilson, and are 4 groove instead of 5... but again.. made by WOA none the less.. either way, Ive owned multiple of both and they have ALLLL held .5 MoA for me. You really cant go wrong.

The white oak I had was better than the select match I had. However at that price range a barrel being "better" than another is more a matter of luck than anything else.

There is a company called AR15performance that makes a 200$ melonited 1:8 twist barrel. If money is a concern I'd think about one of them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blackblue</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I went with the rainier yesterday simply because the gas system I wanted was available in their barrel. 90 days to see if you are happy with the barrel or not. </div></div>

I ended up picking rainier for the same reasons. Barrel should be here today so I guess I'll find out this weekend if I made the right choice or if its gonna go back and get swapped for the WOA

How are Olympic Arms Ultramatch Barrels compared to the others mentioned in this thread?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wolfish365</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How are Olympic Arms Ultramatch Barrels compared to the others mentioned in this thread? </div></div>

From my experience, I avoid Olympic

Thanks. I'm a Krieger kind of guy anyway.. Another quick question. How about White Oak Armament's match barrels? They're what drew me to this thread to begin with and was wondering how they stacked up quality/accuracy-wise

I have never dealt with Rainier barrels but I own three WOA. A 20" 5.56mm S-DMR, a 16" 5.56mm match mid-length and a 20" mid-length 6.8mm. I am very happy with fit and function for all three. Good luck and keep us posted.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fishdog</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blackblue</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I went with the rainier yesterday simply because the gas system I wanted was available in their barrel. 90 days to see if you are happy with the barrel or not. </div></div>

I ended up picking rainier for the same reasons. Barrel should be here today so I guess I'll find out this weekend if I made the right choice or if its gonna go back and get swapped for the WOA </div></div>

Count me as doing the exact same thing. Going to shoot it this weekend.

Im running a Rainier 14.5" mid-length select barrel and couldnt be happier. Shot 3 shot groups from the 50 with my micro dot and all the groups were able to be covered with a quarter. I will be using one of their 18"have barrels for my SPR build next. That being said i wouldnt hesitate to use WOA barrel either as they have a great reputation and get great reviews aswell.