• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

wolf 6.5mm grendel gold 120gr report?

Re: wolf 6.5mm grendel gold 120gr report?

This is just me, no one else, ok? I bought a grendel upper recently & it included a bunch of the wolf stuff. I ran 30 or so through Sunday & couldn't make it group to save my life. Could just be my upper, could have been me but the AA stuff that also came with the gun grouped pretty well. The attempted group shooting was at 100yds. I also tried a few rounds at 200 on some 8" steel plates. No joy, but the AA stuff worked well. I would say if a 5-6" group at 100 is ok for you, buy the wolf but for me, I don't think I'll be buying any when this runs out.

I'm sure others will chime in with better reports. Like I said, it could be me, I'm no great target shooter & it was the first I've fired this gun so take all this as just one guy's results.

MLM

Re: wolf 6.5mm grendel gold 120gr report?

the wolff ammo is junk, actually the bullets are, the powder charges are pretty consistant but the bullet weight are all over the place, worse than hornady's Vmax LOL
the brass is okay for a couple reloads but not really worth the trouble.
stick with AA ammo or the hornady stuff.
best is relaoding on lapua or AA brass, (same thing)
best and hope this helps.