• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wolf boxer primed 45 auto

rmcc

Private
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2008
IA
A friend told me he had heard that Wolf cases were such soft steel that they should be able to be reloaded. Sized a few and they size very easy. Has anybody tried losding them?

Thanks,
Rich

Re: Wolf boxer primed 45 auto

If its boxer then yes it is possible, I've done a few 223's that were boxer and lasted 4 reloads before I split a neck and dumped them! never tried .45 though

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rmcc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A friend told me he had heard that Wolf cases were such soft steel that they should be able to be reloaded. Sized a few and they size very easy. Has anybody tried losding them?

Thanks,
Rich </div></div>

I've reloaded a bunch of them, never had an issue. Still have many to load if/when.

The polymer coating will begin to deposit in the die and in the chamber after a while. May cause problems with reliability in feeding and chambering. Keep everything clean.

Honestly, of you shop around a little .45 brass is usually so cheap I wouldn't bother. I know when you are first getting started any casings look like good casings, but police up the brass at the range a couple of times and you'll have more than you'll ever reload.