• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing wolf hunting is on

Re: wolf hunting is on

i dont have a problem with killing wolves but, why are they allowing 25% of the entire population to be killed? i know that deer %'s may be even higher but, we have millions of deer so, killing 25% of such a large population really isnt as big of an "issue" to me. Just wondering why they would allow that many to be killed with such a small population of wolves.

there are threads covering this, but here in the spokane paper they said it also had to do with the wolves decimating the elk population in idaho as well as the deer.

My Cousin in Idaho said it's very hard to find an Elk now that the Wolves have decimated the Herds.

My gf is from Red Lodge, Mt they used to get an elk every year, since the reintroduction, they havent eaten elk meat since they havent even seen one, where herds used to roam.

Far as I am concerned they need to shoot everyone of them sonofabitchin wolves (or turn 1 loose in the wild 1 loose in golden gate park), they have decemated anyone who has livestock up there too.

25% of the population isn't that much. They numbers are way over the original goal. The population will easily rebuild the 25% just by natural reproduction. I would think that income generated by the hunters is much higher than the few people that come to that area just to hear the howl of a wolf. Seems like a economic decision to me. I wonder what Idaho, Montana and Wyoming spend every year buying wolf killed livestock?

Time to thin them out.

wow, I didn't know wolves were so, destructive on such a large scale. by all means kill 'em. but, send me a couple nice pelts
wink.gif

99.9% Sounds even better. Several Fellas that run hounds on bears & lions have lost quite a few dogs to wolf attacks in Idaho. They can also ruin a ranchers calf crop. Hope the Greenies mind their own business. Good Luck!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Six Five Guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Hope the Greenies mind their own business. Good Luck!! </div></div>
Thats probably not going to happen, they havent yet.

Was glad to hear this news as I'll be in Idaho in a couple weeks coyote hunting. If there are still tags available when we purchase our licenses, we sure will try to pick up & fill a couple wolf tags!

laugh.gif
It is about time. Hunters will never be able to kill them all. It was the old time trappers that got rid of them in the old days. I wish you wolf hunters the best of luck. They destroy a lot of wild game and domestic animals. The wolfs they retransplanted are not the same as the timber wolf that was in those states any ways. They do not belong their. I would sure like to try and call some in with a preditor call. I love coyote hunting. Would like to have a wolf pelt for the wall.