• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Wolf hunting outfitters - ID, MT or WY

Red Ryder

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 2, 2004
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm looking for a good outfitter for wolf hunts in either Wyoming, Idaho or Montana - whichever offers the best chances of success. Can anyone provide recommendations?

Thanks in advance

Re: Wolf hunting outfitters - ID, MT or WY

Great guys!

Wolf hunts

Give'em a call and ask for Mike.

Tell him you were referred by Rocky Mountain Hunting Calls.

Great guys and have a fair amount of success compared to other outfitters in Idaho .

That would be a great hunt, what I would give to kill one and have a mount done.

On a related topic: Wyoming and the Fed fist and wildlife has came to an agreement in Wyoming. Yellowstone, Teton NP and the Wind River Area is off limits, and the way I read it there is a trophy area in NW Wyoming,

Besides that, starting Oct 1 2012, Wolves in the rest of the state are free game and can be taken any time, any way.

Sounds like we'll be able to protect the Big Horns and Black Hills from the infiltration.

http://www.jhnewsandguide.com/article.php?art_id=8966

The above is a newspaper article. I'm editing this to add a news release from the Wyomig Fish and Game. It give a better idea of the delisting and includes a map showing where they are trophy animals and varmits.

http://gf.state.wy.us/web2011/news-1000368.aspx

I've been trying to determine with certainty what the regs are for out-of-state hunters and need to do more research. I figure getting an outfitter would maximize chances of getting a permit and a wolf.

Anybody who shoots a 264 is ok with me.

Even more so if he can get me a wolf or two.

You will need a big game (ID) license. Only because the wolf has a "tag"! Pure BS in my opinion but it is what it is. My out of state wolf only tags (I bought two) was right in the $250 range. You have to purchase the big game license to get the wolf tags.

Good luck chasin them. My advise is get a howler and go find them then begin to hunt. Keep in mind they learn really fast and reason when coming to the calls.

I live in Northwest Wyoming and this is the first year we will be able to hunt wolves. Can you guess where I am going to be October 1? I have seen a fair number of wolves but the outfitters here have never hunted wolves (legally) so I would recommend a trie to Idaho. There are a good number of outfitters up there with a few years of wolf hunts under their belt. Post pics if you get one!