• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wolf primers at Wideners

Re: Wolf primers at Wideners

Good catch they also have bulk 55 and 62 ss109 bulk bullets in stock as well.

Picked up enough of the Small Rifle primers to keep Dad and I shooting for another year or so . Thanks for the heads up .

Ordered some Wolf small rifle magnum primers. Thanks for the heads up!

I read that they have the same amount of compound as the regular small rifle primers the main difference between the two being the magnums have a thicker cup.
What's the deal from those who the magnums? Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ordered some Wolf small rifle magnum primers. Thanks for the heads up!

I read that they have the same amount of compound as the regular small rifle primers the main difference between the two being the magnums have a thicker cup.
What's the deal from those who the magnums? Thanks. </div></div>

Shoot the mags in something that has a floating firing pin. Since I had only SRmag primers when all I owned was an AR15 I naturally used them when I aquired a 204 Ruger. They work great, actually, they're indistinguishable for accuracy from the BR primers that I had a few of and tested them side by side.

Same goes for the Large Rifle ones, they're excellent.

One of my buddies posted this after missing out on these . I thought it was funny as I know I did this once or twice when waiting too long to make a decision .

facepalm.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ordered some Wolf small rifle magnum primers. Thanks for the heads up!

What's the deal from those who the magnums? Thanks. </div></div>

The regular primer cups are made from copper. The magnum cups are made from brass. The magnum cups will be tougher. The priming mix is the same in both primers.

Seems like there is a hint of a potential slamfire issue with the standard Wolf SR primers and an AR-15. Does anyone have any information on this being a valid concern?

I cannot say with certainly that the priming compounds are the same in SR and SRM as I have experienced hang fires with large ball charges with the SR when its been cold, but not with the SRM. SRs, otherwise, ahve shot well. THough, I will only buy SRM in the future. LR and LRM are all but certainly the same compound based on my testing and chrono readings, etc, though I stick with LRM exclusively now. I have shot numerous CASES of Wolfies now...by cases, I mean 5,000 pc cases.

YMMV.
John

Thanks for the info bohem and Nitehawk. Thats what i suspected...just wanted to confirm.
Now I just hope i got my order in before they sold out....... My 550 is collecting dust.